Disbled needs info : What do I do when the EMS brutalizes my Mom

mikecnj

Last year, our EMS hired a duo that are best described as ogres.

They have repeatedly mistreated my elderly Parkinsons-affected mother.

They have yelled- yes - yelled me down for 15 minutes

in front of the cop sent in by the township.

(Our town always sends a cop to accompany EMSers)

I live in New Jersey.

How do I make this stop...

other than waiting till the late night shift is over before calling 911?

You call their supervisors and follow it up with. Written complaint. A few of those and they will be gone. This is a service industry. A lot of people forget that, that cause their is only one emergency number, 911, that who else are they gonna call.

And the cop had no problems with them yelling at you? Sounds like you need to take issue with the cops too. If you have a volley service, you get whoever is willing to show up for the call.

Last year, our EMS hired a duo that are best described as ogres.

The Troll calling them Ogres? Pot calling the kettle black...no?

They have repeatedly mistreated my elderly Parkinsons-affected mother.

In what manner?

They have yelled- yes - yelled me down for 15 minutes

But you fail to mention why they would do such an unprofessional thing.

in front of the cop sent in by the township.

And what did he do about it?

(Our town always sends a cop to accompany EMSers)

On every call or just ones to your house?

I live in New Jersey.

No Comment, there are enough about NJ EMS here already.

How do I make this stop...

Find out what the source is.

other than waiting till the late night shift is over before calling 911?

It may not appear so, but I sympathize with your plight. Unfortunately you haven't really done anything to provide us with information regarding your situation, all you've done is call them names and point fingers at them. Why did they yell at you for 15 minutes? Maybe they had what they thought was a good reason. For all I know you took offense to how they were treating your mother and you threatened them without realising that they were actually helping her. Maybe the police come on calls with them because they have felt threatened by you in the past. How do they mistreat your mother? Do they yell at her? Demean her? Or are they providing a necessary medical treatment to her that you don't understand and when you try to interfere they are forced to restrain you?

It just strikes me a bit odd that someone would come here to complain and seek direction from us when he could pursue this along proper channels just by looking in a phone book for the number, filing a complaint with the police, talking to the staff at the hospital....

• Like 3

Taking care of a CVA patient today with complete hemipalegia of the left side, the untrained eye could have called what we did with her abuse, but I assure you, we did not. The ICU is a great example of this when sometimes moving or helping a patient looks very brutal...google chest tube placement and then get back to me :)

Now before we get to the chastising the OP, I would really like it if the OP would be a little more forthcoming on here and telling us what the abuse is.

I'd also like to hear from the OP that he has taken steps to meet with the management of the EMS agency and has lodged a complaint against the providers.

I'd like to know why the providers yelled at the OP? There could have been many many reasons but without more information on this situation we will never know and I suspect that with the previous responses from all respected members, this OP will never be back.

But if the OP comes back and reads this - this is another fine example of what a point I have been trying to get across. While this website is a great resource, it should not be used for situations of this type and getting solutions. The answers the OP seeks are not going to come out of this forum but will ONLY come out of a meeting with the EMS agency management in question. Hell we don't even know where this OP is posting from.

So I'll say it again (I'm getting blue in the face) Go to the source, not the website, go to the source. Contact the people who can answer your questions or address your complaint with certainty, because this website, even though it's WAY AWESOME, can in no way help you in this matter unless you are of course one of the ogres mentioned in the OP's post. .

Edited by Captain ToHellWithItAll
  • Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.