Fourth attempt at NREMT....ugghh

Well guys the whole registry process has utterly kicked my ass, after my third attempt I said I was done but now five months later Id like to try again. I don't know how exactly how a couple things work now, one is my completion date was July 1, 2011 so how much longer do I have which leads me to my second question. Does the two year date reset if I do a refersher course or is it I have to years to pass the NREMT and after that point you have to take a whole course again? Probably some dumb questions but honestly I don't know and I don't know where else to ask. It's embarrassing that it's taken this many attempts but I feel like if a never get my license it was kind of a waste, although the skills I learned in class far surpass most people's medical knowledge.

So if anybody can give me some awnsers that would be wonderful.

Regards

Again I will refer you to this statement, when anyone has questions of the caliber that you have and that directly affects their livelihood like this question does, the best place to go get the information you need, apart from the Greatest EMS information website in the world (EMTCITY.com) is to DIRECTLY contact the National Registry.

To rely on the opinions of those of us on this website is like relying on WEbMD to treat your MI In progress.

Here is the Registries info. CALL THEM and ask THEM your question. You will get your answer and you will get the full correct answer (unless they are clueless as to your answer which has been known to happen).

Rocco V. Morando Building. 6610 Busch Blvd., P.O. Box 29233, Columbus, Ohio 43229
Phone: (614) 888-4484 Fax: (614) 888-8920

Yes I know, it's not a toll free call but the registry hasn't moved out of the stone age in terms of telephone service.

Well callee the number you left, talked to some lady. She awnsered my questions but one thing didn't make sense, apparently practical exams are only good for one year therefore I shouldn't have been able to take my last test. But she awnsered my questions and I found out I have until July 31st to pass so at least I know it now, thanks for the help guys.

• Like 1

Great that you got the right information. See how much time you would have saved had you have called the registry first? Lesson learned I guess. I have learned many a lesson that way much to the detriment of many things in my life. I've put off calling the source and instead, waited on advice from others who ended up giving really bad advice.

Great that you got the right information. See how much time you would have saved had you have called the registry first? Lesson learned I guess. I have learned many a lesson that way much to the detriment of many things in my life. I've put off calling the source and instead, waited on advice from others who ended up giving really bad advice.

My advice wasn't bad you just applied it wrong. :mad:

My advice wasn't bad you just applied it wrong. :mad:

Yeah but that advice was So out of left field that you gave me I had no choice but to apply it wrong. Next time make the waters a little more muddy buddy. ha ha ha ha

Well I know the last time I called NREMT I got a lady with a extremely heavy Indian accent to the point I couldn't understand 90% of what was said. But the lady I spoke with today wasnt that way.

It still kind of confuses me when I see some of the biggest supporters of this site saying what equates to, "Please don't support this site by coming here looking for answers. Please go, and tell all of your friends, not to bother us with common shit..."

What is up with that?

I remember having some of the exact same questions, and having them answered here. Had I known that there was a state EMS office, and had I known that that office was the right place to go for the questions that I had, then I'd probably have done so. But I didn't...so I came to the place that made the most sense to me...here.

Where is the joy in making sure that a new poster knows that they've been stupid by coming here before giving them the information that they've come for...proving that they weren't, in fact, stupid for doing so?? "Why the hell would you come here looking for that kind of information? Oh, by the way, here's that information.." What??

Yeah I mean thanks for the number, after all it got my question awnsered but I mean it's responses like that, kinda pushed me away from here. It's like why should I come here? It used to be if I even said anything on here I would get my shit jumped, hell I gotta say it's a lot better now days, no one is yelling at me though a keyboard. I asked because I didn't know so i asked and my question was awnsered but like Dwayne said why tell me not to ask?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.