Newbie from Kansas

Stubs

Evening all!

Long time Lurker, decided to finally register and start contributing. Little Background Info: Im a Volly firefighter in NW KS, Certified in FF1 and 2 Hazmat Ops, Rescue Technician (High/Low Angle, Confined Space, Engulfment) Also a Certified Instructor.

Currently taking EMT-B Classes. Decision came down after our county decided to take EMS services back over from the local hospital. The New director is working more and more with Fire/Rescue and "Convinced" a few of us FF's to take the EMT-B Class, Most of the Time Fire is on Scene before EMS so it will be nice to have a few guys ho can Start BLS care until the Bus gets there. Also the New Director wants those of us in the Tech side of things to be able to handle and issue be it down in a hole or hanging 200' in the air off the side of a Grain elevator!!!!

I started it a couple years ago but Family and Fire Dept along with old director issues got in the Way.

Guess Public service in My Blood so to say, My father was in the Navy and my Mother is a ER Trauma Nurse, Midwife, Peds Nurse......

So Im fully Committed this time Around. And Loving Class in its entity.

-Stubs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.