Needing encouragement

Tsd_emt

There are an awful lot of questions about the effectiveness and safety of CISD programs. Individual counseling with a professionally educated and trained mental heath care provider is probably going to be a better way to go.

I hold no credence with CISD programs.

I've been through two of them and they made me feel worse each time. Both times I was forced to go through the process by management whether I wanted to or not.

They were run by members of my own department and none of them had any formal training in CISD procedures except having read a couple of books and taken 2 classes (CEU) that were paid for by the department. But they got to put in their titles "CISD Program Manager"

I was left with a "I didn't do it right" feeling about the calls that prompted the CISD. ONe of the calls was the kiddo I mentioned in a previous post.

Edited by Captain ToHellWithItAll

I've heard awful things about CISD, but I have seen programs run by chaplains, rabbi, social workers, and PsyD's. Best to research your options in your jurisdiction though and go from there. Definitely do something though and don't dwell alone with this.

I honestly think that getting help professionally is a good idea. Find a therapist that you are comfortable with and have them to listen and help sort things out. Sometimes that impartial party really can help.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.