A little lost

I honestly doubt they go right into paramedic school without some form of minimum third-ride time on a BLS/ALS Rig or without at minimum EMT (unless it's a college degree program.)

Where I'm at here It's super hard for me to get a job as an EMT. All of the Fire Stations are full up and the only people running calls are the local Non-Profit Ambulance company. Their ALS Rigs run 911 and the BLS Rigs run Transfers all day. I do live in a fairly large City in Michigan. My goal was to Work as an EMT, get my feet wet and attend Paramedic classes but it appears that when the Ambulance company starts up Paramedic training in the fall I'll be attending that to have a much better shot at actually having any job.

We spent 48 hours on an Ambulance and 36 hours in the ER (Super busy) In that small time I saw enough to actually think: This is the job for me. So I'm pretty confident in going straight to Paramedic.

TLDR: I suggest getting your feet wet to make sure this is for you. And remember, at the end of the day don't forget your Basics!

Yes, associates of paramedicine degree. It's who I had spoken to. They require an EMT, but no experience