Seriously? Its THAT time?

MariB

My book :( its like... at the end.

Last module. Im ready to be done, but im going to kind of miss it.

Well review and mod testing in a week, then review, blah blah blah, NR skills test next month. Then I do my NR test. I am ready, no worried about it. But it has been a big part of my life for nine months. Im getting college credits for this, and I got part time student status. Yay tax break.

Maybe im addicted, but after some of the things we learned, I had questions. I want to know why. We did a lot of physiology in this class to make it a college course, but I still want more answers. So I decided to take A&P.

• Like 2

Maybe im addicted, but after some of the things we learned, I had questions. I want to know why. We did a lot of physiology in this class to make it a college course, but I still want more answers. So I decided to take A&P.

You have no idea how happy it makes me to read these comments.

I'm serious.

Enjoy the class. Keep up the strong work. :punk:

Edited by paramedicmike

You have no idea how happy it makes me to read these comments.

I'm serious.

Enjoy the class. Keep up the strong work. :punk:

I fell in love with the A&P part of the class and had questions that just couldn't be answered at the EMT level class.

I really, desperately wanted to go on to paramedic, but so far, the grant money isn't there. That isn't to say it won't happen, we will have to approach the city. Paying my own way on a volunteer squad... well you see what I am saying. However, the AEMT is within the continuing education allocated expense, but the director would rather have another medic. We shall see.

I'm told I am medic material and someone they would like to see go further so it is up to our grant writer and director to make it happen.

Marib my advice to you is go to a paid service. Volley is good for a past time thing but not much else. I am not sure what state you are in but if you go through a college program there are grants to help you. good luck

Depends on the volunteer department. I have only ever done 911 volunteer and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I was pushed to learn more every shift.

It is just all in where you volunteer and I hope this doesn't turn into another volly/paid discussion...

Good for you Mari for being eager to further your education. I loved A&P so much I've taken it 4 different times and learned something new each time. Try to go to the CAP lab in December as well. An A&P course with a cadaver would be amazing for you since I sense you are more of a hands on type learner as well.

Keep up all of your good work!! You're making many members on here very proud!

• Like 2

Marib my advice to you is go to a paid service. Volley is good for a past time thing but not much else. I am not sure what state you are in but if you go through a college program there are grants to help you. good luck

not completely out of the question, but quite a drive, at least a good 90 minutes a day. Small towns galore, depending on volunteers to provide ems services.

I guess we shall see what the future holds

Depends on the volunteer department. I have only ever done 911 volunteer and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I was pushed to learn more every shift.

It is just all in where you volunteer and I hope this doesn't turn into another volly/paid discussion...

Good for you Mari for being eager to further your education. I loved A&P so much I've taken it 4 different times and learned something new each time. Try to go to the CAP lab in December as well. An A&P course with a cadaver would be amazing for you since I sense you are more of a hands on type learner as well.

Keep up all of your good work!! You're making many members on here very proud!

I love the squad I am on and love the wide range of calls we get. From trauma to transfer. I look forward to the A&P, just for curiosity :)
  • Like 1

My book :( its like... at the end.

Last module. Im ready to be done, but im going to kind of miss it.

Well review and mod testing in a week, then review, blah blah blah, NR skills test next month. Then I do my NR test. I am ready, no worried about it. But it has been a big part of my life for nine months. Im getting college credits for this, and I got part time student status. Yay tax break.

I can't afford to take official classes but EMT School started my curiosity and drive to learn more. Currently I am teaching myself EKG / 12 lead interpretation (very slowly since I am always having to track down one of our RN's to clarify something for me). I plan on studying pharmacology next.

Nothing beats a "real" course but keeping your mind sharp and always learning is better than nothing. I wish I could afford to take a proper EKG course and maybe I will in the future. I am slowly starting to be able to understand what I am seeing when a medic hands me a strip.

One thing I love about the medical field is you can always learn. Doesn't matter if your a basic, medic or a doctor. Working in a system that is focused on teaching helps out to.

Good luck and don't ever stop learning.

• Like 1