Might be moving to Baltimore area

Just Plain Ruff

I need some advice and would like to speak one on one with someone in this area.

I need some personal advice on the following things

1. Apartment living - Near linthicum or the area near the Airport - willing to live in that immediate area.

2. Schools

3. Housing - Looking for a 3-4 BR house within 1 hour drive (rush hour of course) of Linthicum budget of 215K home does not need to be brandnew. Can be a slight fixerupper.

PM Me if you can help.

I do not want to live in the city of baltimore or many of the other cities as I hear the taxes are pretty prohibitive.

I do have a HR person working with me so I'm in good hands but another local person who can help me is always good.

Look as far away from downtown baltimore as you can tolerate for a commute for both more reasonable prices , taxes and school quality. Crime in the city is high.

Western MD has some country towns & cities and the PA border is not too far north.

Have friends on the eastern shore, Very pricey real estate & taxes. Also have friends up above Frederick that have a 4 acre homesite with all of the neighbors having similar properties. Good schools and nice area of state with a small town feel. Prices are more reasonable, not sure about the taxes.

Ellicott City is a great place with pretty good schools. My uncle teaches at Eastern Tech and I'll give him a ring this weekend to talk about schools. That's kind of my old stomping grounds so I'll do some digging. I have another uncle who lives in Baltimore proper and I can ask him about housing also as he works construction.

We are actually leaning towards not selling our current house and renting it out and living in a larger apartment home for at least the first 2 years. Have the renters pay the mortgage.

This is a dream job which will truly advance my career in ways that were unheard of even two or three years ago, at least in my opinion.

I get to build a team, learn a new software application and grow from there.

The job site is in LInticum which is within a 10 mile radius of the Baltimore airport so I am going to start with apartment homes close to that area.

My wife and I will be taking a trip there (with our son who we are trying to involve as much as possible because this move will affect him most of all) within the next two weeks.

How's it going? Do you have any specific questions I can pass along to my uncle about the schools?

Baltimore has so many beautiful aspects to it, Camden Yards is a great baseball venue, Fells Point, Inner Harbor, all wonderful areas with lots of activities on the cheap for kiddos.