Midwest blizzard/winter storm

Yeah, down here we call it a frantic search for the meaning of life. I call it a time to go sledding with my son when everyone else goes out and drives like a bunch of freaking idiots.

Snow is not to start till noon or after. Schools across the board, in Iowa and Nebraska have cancelled classes, including colleges and major universities. So just as soon as the snow builds up the kids will be out with the innertubes and sleds sliding down hills in pastures.

Well from 7am to now we have 5 inches of snow in our yard. 8 inches of drifts.

I'd post pictures but you get the Drift, ha ha ha

My daughters can't wait to get out in it. My son is just being plain a moody pain in the ass because he realizes he gets to shovel this stuff with dad but not till I get done with work. Gotta make the money to pay the bills to keep the heat on.

Looks like the weather men were right.

I live in northern Kansas and we got around 6 inches. They closed all sorts of stuff ahead of the storm. We were expected to get 8-15 inches. Now it's supposed to snow again Sunday into Monday and they're forcasting the same.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.