"Chase" Car Specifications

yakc130

Matt

Temps are a definite primary consideration. Our temps here in the summer can run upwards of 140f+. Nights in winter can go to 15f in the remote areas we serve. Quite the extremes.

Most likely, I will write it up for an SUV. Gasoline is no problem here (go figure). Octanes are 91 and 95, but it doesn't have any of that environmental sh*t like in the US. Hence, new engines/chassis are not cleared for export here (yet). Screws the computer up, and fries the motor, apparently. We have a wide variety of SUV's here not seen in the US, which is kind of nice. I'm used to Suburbans, or Expeditions. They always fit the bill. I do have possible access to both of those, as well.

I want all of the units to be shoreline adaptable, just because. In my opinion, it only makes sense. Some may be used extensively, while others may be parked for who knows how long. Parking is outside under awnings, or in open-air garages. Most places don't even have garage doors.

Saudi Red Crescent Authority uses SUV's and cars (Suburbans/Tahoes, and Toyotas). Their frontline squads are Wheeled Coach Type II's for now. They are in the process of converting to Type I's because of the fuel problems here.

We will probably carry the same equipment that the squad does, minus the cot/transport capability. That will consist of: ALS bag, drugs, monitor, backboards/scoops, MCI stuff, O2 and associated goods, and some other things (spare suction, batteries, maybe splints, etc.).

The problem is this: we have 5,000 housing units being built right now on the one base. Our new pediatric specialty hospital is due to open sometime this year. Over 50% of the population is supposedly under 25, but the remainder is over 50. And finally, our call volume has been going up. All this, and we currently only have about 13 medics to handle all of it. That is the most they have ever had here at one time, but many are nearing their end of contract. We will need to change over to the chase car type of response. No choice.

The reality is: They want all these things. They will need them. Unfortunately, they don't do anything to change things. And if they do go ahead and make the decision, it is based on, or decided by, who can pocket the money.

I will probably write all of these different vehicle specs (standard transport unit, crit care, peds crit care, chase car, and disaster unit), and they will just get filed away someplace until someone else comes here, and they request them to do it all over again. It can get pretty depressing.

But hey, at least it is giving me practice.

Edited by yakc130

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.