Pocket BVM Cleaning

benasack2000

Hey Guys. I've been looking at the "Cyclone Pocket BVM" that takes up way less space then a preassembled BVM in a bag. The one con is that its expensive at like $37.00. Can the mask on the BVM be replaced and the bag portion cleaned in a solution of bleach and water. Can the BVM at least be reused after its been cleaned?

Because you sound super eager and EMT-B would be the next logical step :)

I really would be hesitant to try and clean a BVM...there's way too many gross things that can get stuck in the bag and in the reservoir that are yuk.

A MFR is equivalent to a boy scout first aid merit badge holder.

Thats why

You should not be carrying a BVM in your personal whacker bag if you don't understand they are single patient use & then disposed of.

Mike why do you keep going on about this. IM TRAINED, im an MFR

I keep going on about it because MFR means absolutely... ready for this... NOTHING. It's a first aid card. Your constant references to your CERT stuff is also unimpressive. You come in here repeatedly going on with your whacker-ish tendencies talking about things you seem excited about but obviously have neither the knowledge or educational base to support. You say things, and then defend your statements, with arguments that indicate you have NO idea what you're doing (aside from setting yourself up, as IslandEMT noted in another thread, for practicing medicine without a license).

You also sound like a kid who would do much better by actually pursuing EMT training than by continuing to try and convince yourself that having an MFR card is worth something.

You are not trained. Hate to be the one to break this to you but you're not. You do, however, have potential. That's why I keep harping on you taking an EMT course.

So stop being a whacker. Stop setting yourself up to go to jail. Stop trying to convince yourself that you're something you're not.

While you're at it, enroll in an EMT class. Start becoming knowledgeable about all these things you're asking us for help with. Start taking your quest for knowledge to the next level.

• Like 2

While your at it: throw away your Galls catalog

You will save a lot of money not buying things you can't use .

Do you have a littman cardio II scope yet?

You need one to differentiate S1- S2 sounds and to tell the difference in bowel sounds so you know if the patient is F.O.S.

• Like 1