MFR Bag

benasack2000

Hey guys. Im an MFR and I made a trauma bag. I tried not to go nutter with it (might be too late :D). Im not going out of my scope of practice. I used a $30 empty medical bag. I want to know what you think of it. I will proabably make a video in a week or so. Here we we go:

1 Box of 50 Nitrile Gloves

1 Sharps Container 1 Qt

1 Biohazard Bag

4 5x9 Trauma Dressings

20 4x4 Gauze Pads

3 2x2 Gauze Pads

3 3x3 Gauze Pads

1 10x30 Trauma Pad

2 Small Chemical Ice Packs

4 4" Roller Gauze

3 3" Roller Gauze

2 2" Rolls of Medical Tape

1 1" Roll of Medical Tape

1 4x4 Burn Dressing

1 Burn Sheet

1 Set of 6 OPAs (should I look into some NPAs?)

1 36" SAM Splint

1 16" SAM Splint

2 250 ML Bottles of Saline Solution

1 Plastic Bag containing roll of Plastic Wrap (Covering Burns, Sucking Chest Wound Ect.)

2 ACE Brand Elastic Bandages

OTC Meds (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Non-Asprin, Electrolytes)

1 Stethoscope/BP Cuff

1 OB Kit

1 CPR Pocket Mask

1 Adult BVM (taking up a lot of space D: probably will remove it)

1 Adjustable C-Collar

1 Vitals Notebook

2 Emergency Blankets

1 Set of Medical Instruments (Trauma Shears, Bandage Scissors, Penlight, Seatbelt Cutter, Forceps)

Looks pretty good,

You might want to add a thermometer, sanitary napkins and tampons and tongue depressors.

You can remove about 30 gloves. You will only need them one pair at a time.

I don't know what MFR's are allowed to do.

You might want to check what meds you can give and take anything that are not authorized to give out of your bag.

Also make sure you can use OPA and NPS before you put them in someone.

Edited by DFIB

Doesn't your CERT team have any recommendations for you? You keep mentioning CERT but don't seem to be using any of those resources.

What is this CERT thing you speak of?

you forgot a porter to tote all that stuff for you.

Add in enough potable water to keep yourself alive for several days. and a roll of TP cause you will have a need at some point.

You should also have a personal bug out bag with sleeping gear and change of clothes and personal necessities to sustain for a few days.

Cert teams are designed to assist/ augment local authorities in disaster management.

A tornado wipes out your town , you search for survivors. Then you search for and help remove the bodies or parts there of .

dubya invented them because he was using all of the state national guards to fight his multiple wars in the middle east.

• Like 1

Yeah Kat, I'm a medic at heart but my first priority these days is to make sure that my home has the means and ability to survive when the resources of my community are stretched thin to completely non-existent.

I have the medical kit complete with medications I can give which is whatever I deem necessary for my family - including all our prescription needs.

I have a full set of camping gear in case my house in destroyed, I can just put a tent up in the back yard, start the generator that is if I can find it in the rubble and it's not destroyed, and be able to be as self sufficient as I can.

I can also shelter in place if the neighborhood is damaged to the point where my house is livable but I can't get out of the neighborhood.

I have a plan with several neighbors on who does what in such a situation, we all have distinct skillsets that we bring to the table in a disaster and we can survive with what we have in our homes for at least a month if not longer. I have a freezer full of frozen food and 3 seed banks.

Plans are set in place. Not complete but in progress.

I am wondering, why the sharps container.

Is that something you deal with in your area or your scope?