Newbie in Atlanta

EMT_Moni

:wave: My name is Monica, I reside in Atlanta, GA.

I am a mother and current EMT student (as of 2/28/13).I relocated to Atlanta from Hollywood, Florida approximately two years ago. I am really excited to be involved in what I would say is my "Dream Career." I have researched and where told from current emt/medics that the pay isn't much but I KNOW its something I love and would enjoy. I am relieved that I've found this site to communicate with others whom have common interest. Do be shy....reply! :whistle::punk::spell:

• Like 2

Welcome Monica,

You're right, you have found the best site for EMT discussion and learning. Hope we se more of you on the site.

Hello Monica,

Congratulations on deciding on a career in EMS. I have found it to be challenging and rewarding in ways that go far beyond the money. We get to help people at times when they are most needy even though their complaint may seem menial to many. Knowing that I was able to make a difference is one of the most rewarding feelings.

If you really love EMS then there is no reason why EMT should not be just the beginning. You should consider Paramedic somewhere in the future.

Welcome!

:wave: Monica,

Welcome to the city....I just moved in a few weeks ago but I think you'll find it very welcoming and informative here~~just like the real world of EMS you will find an eclectic (is that a word even?) variety of us in here from us old dinosaurs to fresh out of the desk newbies...

Sometimes a Dino will get a little crochety and toss the rock we have our certification on at a newbie to shape them up, but other than that we are all pretty much easy to get along with :)

**hands over the welcome gift of chicken pot pie................and a puppy***

• Like 1

Actually Ed...it's a BLOOPER....Bloodhound Sheperd cross....ugly little thing... LOL :) but loveable.....

Edited by ClutzyEMT

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.