Blizzard "Nemo"?

Richard B the EMT

2012 DA14? That the meteor supposed to pass so close to the earth, it will be inside the orbit of some of the geostationary satellites?

I offered to send this to Boston.

Nice. National Ski Patrol must use them, or similar.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the world is still out there this AM. Snow is still coming down hard and winds are blowing @ 50 + . Looking out in the yard it appears to be between 2 & 3 feet with drifts to 7 feet high. our young lab went out to P this morning stepped off the deck and was in over her head.

Power is still on and the weather guessers are saying the snow will stop by dark tonight.

official total from the national weather service office as of 7 AM is 29" in the past 24 hours.

Looks like blizzard conditions for at least another 12 hours and then we can start digging out. Some places will have to be done with a payloader as the drifts are house roof high.

Sure have been thinking about you guys during this blizzard and praying everyone uses their head and stays inside :(

We are expecting a "smaller" storm here tomorrow night thru Monday night~~

Stay safe and warm "over there"!!!

P.S.

Kat......I want that sled and toboggan!!

Well the snow is finally slowing down a little. Right now everywhere is 3 feet deep with a lot of blowing and drifting. My driveway took 4 hours to remove the 4 feet with my big commercial snowblower. The road up to the main road is ass deep on a tall camel. Have put out calls to a couple folks to get a payloader to come dig it out.

Not yet Kat but we don't/haven't had that big of a need for one. We decided on a QRS unit instead which we have used on several occasions.

If either the FDNY or the NYPD have a Snow-cat, I've yet to hear about it. They, and the city Parks Department, do run 6x6 "Gators" (John Deere, I think), but wheeled, not tracked. NYPD does have at least one amphibian truck, but as it's military surplus, no one will say how well it will float.

My sidewalk and driveway had about a foot deep, and the senior teens making the rounds shoveled me out. Suffolk County, to my east on the "Long Island 'Fish'", as per the newscast I just saw (11 PM report) has Interstate 495, AKA the Long Island Distressway...oops, the Long Island Expressway, still closed as they attempt getting the roadway cleared of ice and snow. They're hampered by numerous cars that the drivers abandoned.

The state of Connecticut has been declared a Federal Disaster Area, due to the storm.

What's a "QRS"?

Edited by Richard B the EMT

Medford, 31 inches of the white stuff coupled with a lot of people that don't listen to Public Service Announcements.

Edited by emtdennis