Social Decay, A sign of things to come?

DFIB

detroit.jpg?w=500

Today a friend on sent me a link that outlines 24 things about Detroit that would shock me. Some of this things outlined in the article did not surprise me but some of the other things, are not only shocking but scary. It is an easy read and worth reading as it has links to multiple sources that expand and source the story.

One of the links in the article takes us to graphs that outline the last 60 years of Detroit demographics and included a map of the city that showed the location of all shootings and homicides during a nine month period. Holy crap, it looks like a map of Juarez, Mexico, not Detroit. It is appalling. The situation is so bad that the police actually pass out flyers warning people to "enter Detroit at their own risk"

My friend was right, I am shocked.

Is this a sign of things to come for other cities in the USA?

Do you see indications of a similar trend where you live?

EDIT: These pictures look like scenes from some zombie apocalypse movie. Makes me want to cry.

Edited by DFIB

I used to go to various areas of Detroit on business monthly during the late 70's & early 1980's. It was a ghetto town back then even with all the auto & steel industry in full operation. Even back then there were neighborhoods that the police force wouldn't enter after dark. Here we are 30 yeas later and 70% of the manufacturing jobs with good pay & benefits are gone forever. No tax base from industry, no property taxes paid by out of work homeowners, This is what results. There are other cities that are in just as bad shape. Think Newark NJ , Flint Michigan or Camden NJ, or Gary Indiana or Wheeling WV or Weirton WV or any other of the once big American manufacturing cities & towns across the United States.

All these jobs have gone to foreign nations and will never return along with all the money that use to be reinvested here.

Corporate America has moved their home offices offshore to build their profit margins and hide their income from US taxes.