Vacation Spots

mikeymedic1984

The family has put me in charge of planning this year's vacation, so I wanted to ask for your help. Where would you go in the US for the perfect vacation ? I think Hawaii and Alaska are probably out of my budget range, we have already done Florida and Washington DC to death. Any thoughts ?

I live in a place that many tourist pay to come see. The beautiful coast of Maine.

what type of activities do you & your family like to do?

That would give an idea of where to recommend.

Are you east or west coast?

Colorado is a wonderful state. Lots of national parks to do day hiking, and plenty of other activities depending on the time of year.

Kate hit the nail on the head.

(Unbiased opinion of course :whistle: )

Pacific Northwest is gorgeous if you're looking for more of a drive around, do your own thing kind of vacation. Where are you coming from? Driving? Flying? Moab is also awesome...

--Wendy

Summer vacation or winter? Gotta be in the U.S.? Cuba has great all inclusive resorts in the area of $1500/wk per person. Or, you could come up here and I'll take you snowmobiling through a forest, Ice Fishing, Ice Diving, tour a potash mine, Skiing and snowboarding, do some cultural tours, or any number of other things....maybe even tour the local ambulance base. :)

I heard that Dubuque Iowa is pretty nice in the summer.

Would you be interested in a US History vacation? Like a tour of the major Civil war battlefields or the Revolutionary war era, there are many many places on the upper East coast from Virginia north that would be excellent for touring.

The United States offers a huge variety of wonderful vacation spots. What kind of vacation are you looking for?