Aiding and Abetting Drunk Drivers

DFIB

As I was surfing the net I came across a video of a TV show I had never seen before. The show is called What Would You Do? I have been fascinated by the real time social experiment and shocked by the results.

In this clip people who have been drinking ask total strangers to breath into her court mandated Breathalyzer in order to deactivate the kill switch that would allow them to drive.

As an EMS provider and a human being I am surprised at the results. People are absolutely amazing!

http://youtu.be/_NizznVyphg

I imagine if the driver was a 350lb dude, the results would have been different, we all know that there is little any man won't do for a chic, especially an attractive one.

I bet you are right. The dude would have had a little harder time at it. I am still amazed that in spite of all the drunk driving awareness that anyone would be willing to help this woman drive drunk.

To think that so many people approved of her behavior probably indicates that they would hope someone would do the same for them.

You could be held legally liable if she got in and killed someone, no? I'd never do that... and I'd call the cops if I saw anyone else doing it!

Yikes.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

RN-ADN

Here in WA a new law took effect on Jan 1. It requires all Ignition Interlock devices to be equipped with a camera and to take a photo of the person blowing into the device. They can then take enforcement action against both parties.

Here in WA a new law took effect on Jan 1. It requires all Ignition Interlock devices to be equipped with a camera and to take a photo of the person blowing into the device. They can then take enforcement action against both parties.

This measure will surely save lives. I just could not believe that people would help a person who had been drinking to operate a motor vehicle.

EDIT: Well, I can believe it but it was still a little shocking.

Edited by DFIB

This measure will surely save lives. I just could not believe that people would help a person who had been drinking to operate a motor vehicle.

EDIT: Well, I can believe it but it was still a little shocking.

Believe it. Just like the people who use drugs then have other people urinate for them to pass a drug test.

• 4 weeks later...

WHAT??? THAT WAS A CAMERA? NOBODY SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A CAMERA!!! OH GOD.......CRAP! CRAP! CRAP..

• Like 1