I'm back and updating...

celticcare

Hi guys and gals, belated happy new years, merry christmas and all that jazz. I apologise for the hiatus, there has been quite a bit happening in the celticcare household.

I haven't been on line for quite a few months, in September last year, after all the issues I have been having with my heart, I finally culminated into a STEMI. Primary cause was Viral myocarditis which had been getting worse over the course of the year and it decided to wear away my LAD and lead to an Anterior STEMI. Spent two weeks in the CCU as a patient, undergoing massive therapies and treatments and have been left with mild LVF and residual scar tissue encapsulating my heart, Prognosis is ok at this point but the doctors are keeping close stats on the heart as still having arrythmias and during my cardiac biopsy went into VT and lost pulse for a period of time. So have seen cardiac care from both sides of the spectrum.

During this time, my beloved was 3 months pregnant with our child, so happy pregnancy hormones to boot and her husband in hospital with the doctors concerned that if the damage wasn't brought under control, that I'd be going down the therapies to transplant path. Our daughter, not wanting to let dad be the only one getting attention, ended up admitted into HDU with cerebal odema secondary to erosephalis (I know I've spelt it wrong but Strep A got into her Psoarisis pores and inflamed around her brain. So a hubby in CCU and a child in HDU, life doesn't get any better than that.

Thankfully, we both were discharged and our daughter is doing well again and happily able to report, that after a horrific period where our marriage was stressed, we are still going through life as a strong family and in five weeks, Annabelle will come into the world as a healthy little bub. She is following her sister and dads footsetps though and giving my wife borderline pre-eclampsia symptoms so add that into boot lol. Never rains but pours with this family.

Just wanted to update you all, that I haven't been ignoring everyone, just putting my family and health first, I am working normal hours again as an Orthopedics nurse and after battles with the universities (after being excluded from further study due to unsatisfactory academic progress, never mind they knew about me being in hospital but thats another story) I am working on the stages of becoming a university lecturer teaching nursing and hopefully paramedicine.

The support from the ambulance services here in Auckland was amazing, I got so much love and care from the people I am blessed to say I have worked with and at times more than my old nursing collegues in the ER. EMS is an amazing family worldwide and Dwayne and Happiness were my rocks when I was in the lowest of lows and so physically unwell couldn't do much but kept me going with chat and texts. Thank you guys, this website brought us together and you helped bring me back to health and life and appreciate it whole heartedly *all myopathic cells included*.

There is alot of other details to the story, the experience of being put in resus for emergency transfer to PCI *which had clean arteries but still two angios in a year is an adventure*, being so weak and short of breath on every movement, the stress of family and work, but it all came right in the end.

Lets make 2013 a great new year and look forward to sharing it all with you.

Scotty

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear of all of your stressors! Congrats on the impending arrival, that is great news in all of this caos! Hope you continue to improve and things get better for you all down the road.

Welcome back :) you were missed!

WOW thank you scotty boy, it was just a plot to get you back here. Dwyane and Happiness, never did I ever think those two names would be in the same sentance.

Just remember Dwayne you are the company that you keep :) Can't wait to see Annabelle,

Scotty you truely are a caring and loving person and Im blessed to have you as a friend. Welcome back look forward to you posts

Glad to hear you are alive and well, clearly those pins I have been putting in the voodoo doll are not working and I will double my efforts

I may venture across the bridge next set of off-watch days I get to smother you with fluff your pillow and such, I will stock pile some extra valiumz and dopanergic antagonists for such an occasion.

Actually, I have the entire house to myself for the next week, you would be welcome to come over for dinner, hmm, let me go look in the fridge, better make sure that suxamethonium has not expired.

Edited by Kiwiology

You've been missed here Brother...though I have to admit I was shocked to find that you have a heart!

You're important here...don't go pulling any more of that shit, ok? We expect dinosaurs like Kat to keel over at any second, but we don't like to worry about our youngsters...

• Like 1

Scotty....damn, when it rains it pours or what? I'm so glad to hear things are better for you and your family. Please let us know when the little rookie comes into the world ok? Are you keeping a journal of everything that's happening? Oprah would LOVE your story!

Does anyone here know Oprah personally? We gotta get Scotty on Oprah! Women from all over the world would be sending you baby clothes and formula and defibrillators and cash for the kids college funds and sterile medical stuff......gimme a phone! I'll call Oprah myself!

I sincerely wish you the best in 2013 and beyond Scotty. Sounds like your family has a lot of love going on.

Mike

And let's not poo-poo the whole Oprah idea......