What kind of stethoscope do you prefer?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own a Littman Master Cardiology and love it. First because it was a gift from my wife for graduating Paramedic school, secondly because I like the dual tone bell. Light pressure and you can detect the tiniest Sub-Q Emphysema, mild pressure and you can hear the heart tones of the person sitting next to your pt, and with heavy pressure you can hear GI noises from the pts shoulder!

Ha! :lol: kidding a little, but still a great tool!

untitled.jpg

I got this one cheap..........I robbed it from my nephew. I get about one in ten Pressures, remarkably since I have been using this scope, everyones lungs have been clear bilat. Call me lucky. I am looking at trading up. He has got a Panda bear one I am eying now, but for the right price................Let me know.

Littmann Master Cardiology.

My wife bought it for me.

Great scope, but as an EMT-B student its almost embarrassing.

'Scope is smarter than I am right now, I feel like a poser wearing it.

Especially when the one instructor has this taped up antique that looks like he stole it off of Hippocrates burro when H wasn't looking.

neal

If Littman is such the popular steth it is, why sell the cheap ones, after hearing from a medic here in Calgary, ok over hearing from a medic at the Foothills saying to an EMT-A, It is your preferrence, depends if ya got good hearing.

And the fact they arent cheap either, the one I have I paid $20 cdn and with a minor amount of noise it is very hard to hear anything especially the rubbing of your finger over the top & postioning of it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.