Regarding BCAS air ambulance

My typical reaction to anything buy the Canadian Taxpayers Federation is, "**** right off." They're pretty anti-eveything. The idea of the government soliciting for donations also doesn't sit well with me. If the Critical Care Transport/Air Ambulance Program is an important part of pre-hospital and inter-hospital care in BC, should we be funding it with tax dollars?

At the same time, the cost difference is substantial. I can think of a lot of ways BCAS could use that extra money (not that the government would actually give it to us), a few more A cars in the urban centres, bumping some K cars up to F cars, expanding ALS coverage, maybe a raise ... ok now I'm getting greedy ...

I don't actually know anything about STARS other than they seem to have a good reputation.

Have you seen the new jet. It is pretty awesome.....

I haven't. Having CCT out of Kelowna, we don't see the Vancouver CCT crews very often. Lately we've been doing way more ITT transfers than CCT. Those guys/gals have a cool job!

Edited by cprted

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.