2.0 GPA just to train as an EMT ?

Trm90

I guess I have to ask why you would have such an issue with a funny little bird that is suffering from depression, reguardless thats not nice and you should say sorry........................we are all trying to get along in the sandbox

Because that freak is exactly that, and it bothers me for a number of reasons. I wasn't kidding in my previous post; on the 3 sites I've come across him "kiwi" has pretended to be all that and who knows what else.

I've worked very hard to get to where I am, and I take issue with some poser pretending to be anything even remotely similar. Of course I'd be bothered if he was pretending to be a lawyer, accountant, mechanic, carpenter, cook, or anything that he wasn't and had never been taught to be, had never done, likely never will do and trying to pass himself off as such and give out advice about that particular topic. The extent that this is happening in this case is insulting, disgusting, and rather disturbing as well.

I don't know what, if any, mental issues "kiwi" has, but let's think about it. Do you really think it's healthy to come to online forums and live out a fantasy? Taking an interest in something is one thing, but this is quite another and has gone far beyond that. Pretending to be something you aren't is not right, or good.

Anyway. I'm in a hurry, but that's the gist of it in a quick fashion. Seeing the sheer number of posts from this nutter whenever I check the site is aggravating, so I think I'm going to take the easy way out and put him on the ignore list (if there is one on this site; gotta check.)

Triemal04's points have been validated in the past, so while I'm not going to allow the Kiwi 'calling out' to continue, I'm also not going to allow any Triemal bashing to begin. He had reasons to be pissed, and to be pissed still, but there is no benefit to the board in rehashing it. Those that have been here a few days know how terribly ugly that got.

Triemal, enough said Brother.

Kiwi, we have no need or desire to hear your medication and psychological history attached to nearly every post. Many here love and respect you, but I will from now on, when I have access at least, delete any post, and any associated posts, that make the tiniest hint at suicide. I see no benefit to you from the never ending pity party you've come to love so much. Many of us have burdons in our lives that we consider 'heavy.' Take those conversations to private if there are those that want to hear about it, or keep them in threads focused on such issues.

Everyone else....Please, please, please, let's try not to get follow others down these unproductive paths. There's just no benefit that I can see to all of that negative energy.

Dwayne

• Like 4

Just to study as an EMT? You are a child. That's something that really ticks me off....EMT's and paramedics are hardly appreciated. I know I'm just an EMT student myself, but I have worked in the field as an EMR. The field can be stressful,and we see the worst side of it. Not many people understand the many different things we see, the things we have to live with. I do apologize to anyone who takes offense in the term "we" because I am student still. You need to think long and hard before you attempt a career in the medical field.

Triemal04's points have been validated in the past, so while I'm not going to allow the Kiwi 'calling out' to continue, I'm also not going to allow any Triemal bashing to begin. He had reasons to be pissed, and to be pissed still, but there is no benefit to the board in rehashing it. Those that have been here a few days know how terribly ugly that got.

Triemal, enough said Brother.

Kiwi, we have no need or desire to hear your medication and psychological history attached to nearly every post. Many here love and respect you, but I will from now on, when I have access at least, delete any post, and any associated posts, that make the tiniest hint at suicide. I see no benefit to you from the never ending pity party you've come to love so much. Many of us have burdons in our lives that we consider 'heavy.' Take those conversations to private if there are those that want to hear about it, or keep them in threads focused on such issues.

Everyone else....Please, please, please, let's try not to get follow others down these unproductive paths. There's just no benefit that I can see to all of that negative energy.

Dwayne

Thank you Dwayne. That had to come from a forum Moderator. It would not have any teeth from anyone other than a site moderator.

Just to study as an EMT? You are a child. That's something that really ticks me off....EMT's and paramedics are hardly appreciated. I know I'm just an EMT student myself, but I have worked in the field as an EMR. The field can be stressful,and we see the worst side of it. Not many people understand the many different things we see, the things we have to live with. I do apologize to anyone who takes offense in the term "we" because I am student still. You need to think long and hard before you attempt a career in the medical field.

I think that candidates for EMS providers should look at their natural bent just as one would with any career choice. There are some people who were "born" to be teachers, moms, engineers, veterinarians, etc. Some people's natural bent is toward the healing sciences and for many EMS in particular. Two people see the same thing, one pukes and the other falls in love.

If EMS is your particular bent you will find that it is not as stressful as it can be if you are working against your nature. When it is your bent you are most comfortable at work where you feel like a hog in slop. If after a reasonable break in time, EMS is too stressful and you always feel like a fish out of water you might consider discovering your natural inclinations.

http://youtu.be/QQAwBmog08s

• Like 1

Haha that video was great. I don't get stressed over the adult pts. Its the kids that hit me. But I suspect that with anyone. I love what I do. EMS in my opinion is the best lifestyle. I greatly the admire the work of EMT's and paramedics. That is why I can not wait to graduate and start my career in EMS.

Haha that video was great. I don't get stressed over the adult pts. Its the kids that hit me. But I suspect that with anyone. I love what I do. EMS in my opinion is the best lifestyle. I greatly the admire the work of EMT's and paramedics. That is why I can not wait to graduate and start my career in EMS.

I wish you the very best. Once we find something we lover to do, and find a way to get payed to do it, we get to live in the sweet spot.