Helmets!

What? even to little old ladies that are in their living room feeling faint?

I take it off as to not scare the elderly.

That interesting Kiwi, could you tell me a bit more about those? Why don't you like the new ones for instance?

DFIB: Is it part of your protocol? For instance, in Japan, most EMTs wear a helmet + mask on every calla.

It is part of protocol although it is not strictly enforced. I wear mine in the back because our roads are bad and our drivers are worse. I got tired of banging my head on the inside of the box. The helmet is light and after a while I have become quite used to it.

• 2 weeks later...

We are issued the Cairns HP3 Commando helmet along with our reflective vests and jackets in our uniform/equipment issue. They are a little heavy and big but not bad. We wear them any roadside incident, fire scenes when we're out of the vehicle any time we're on a construction site and whenever we're on scene in the active area of a technical rescue. We're supposed to wear them into calls in the woods too, but that never happens.

• 4 weeks later...

In my former FF life, we wore Cairns 660 Metro helmets. Those were also the same type my EMS service used. Not bad. I just wish that I had the EMS version in the fire service. It had the ratcheting knob to adjust the size.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.