Chicago Fire - may be a rehash

Oldtimer Medic

I think people need to take the show for what it is, a fictional drama meant to entertain the masses. It isn't supposed to be a documentary.

We all know that. But the show sucks none the less. We were no less vocal about Trauma or any other show that portrays us in EMS and the fire service as a bunch of buffoons.

Oh wait, that's the news at times.

I retract my statement.

There's been one or two other threads.

As I have said in the last thread about it is that this is a TV show, not a live ride-a-long with real paramedics and firefighters. Sure I have a little laugh when they are in a burning building and they have clear visibility and their other little mistakes they make every now and then but it's TV. The real thing is probably too boring for them but at least they are trying. From looking around the real Chicago firefighter's and EMT's are actually assisting the cast in being more realistic, which has shown in the TV show.

I wouldn't call myself a fan but if there's nothing on I will watch past episodes on xfinity for the heck of it, it still beats most shows that's currently on TV.

When House first came out, I hated it, too many "fake" comments while watching it. Then, in the end, I loved it.. Hated NCIS too, "that's not real, anyone that was so informal wouldn't work for the government".. Now? I love it. Rescue Me. Hated it. Own every DVD. Emergency. Still hate it, but I own every DVD, and I have an autographed script from my fav. episode...AND... I own something that was used in the Pilot! ER... Every DVD. Third Watch.. Almost every DVD, but I never watched it on TV.

So, a couple weeks ago, I was laying in bed sweating out a fever from a month-long flu episode (and I had fricken flu and pneumonia vaccs). Nothing on TV, open the onDemand menu, free on demand, TV... CBS.. Chicago Fire. Watched six episodes. I kinda like it. I don't watch it when its on schedule, but I make a point to watch it from the demand menu.