Jump bag pouch organazation

Hey guys! Im Ben and im new to the forum. Its nice to meet you guys. Im an MFR in training. I was just wondering where i can buy those organizational "pouches" for a jump-bag. I've seen on YouTube people will divide their bags like this:

Trauma Pouch (largest) (gauze, dressings, tape, burn dressings

Airway Pouch (CPR Mask, OPAs, NPAs, combitube)

Orthopedics Pouch (SAM Splints, Hot and Cold Packs, Ace Bandages)

Medication Pouch (glucose, aspirin, activated charcoal)

OB Pouch

and you can stash stuff like bottles of saline or burn jel, sharps container, BVM and a box of non-latex gloves ect. somewhere else in the bag

Any idea where i can find some of these pouches SEPERATELY without having to buy a 200 dollar bag? If there are any people who organize this way, maybe you can give me some pointers on it or any of the pros or cons of organizing it in this fashion. I am aware of one of the cons. I have probably 8 triangular bandages and 20 Gauze pads and 5 Trauma dressings. With getting these pouches (going to use trauma as an example) i know i can only put maybe 3 triangular bandages, 1-2 Trauma Dressings, and maybe 2-3 gauze pads as well as tapes,a burn dressing, and a few gauze rolls. The rest i keep in another flexible plastic case (maybe stash it in my CERT bag) to refill when something gets used or for spare gear.

I am going to call Galls tommorow and see if they sell them seperately. Most of time they come 3-4 color coded pouches with a fancy bag that is 200-300$. Here is a YouTube link that shows them:

Thanks Guys

Welcome To the City Ben:

Slow down & take a deep breath.

You are going to be a medical first responder

You don't need a $200.00 trauma bag or about half of the things you listed above.

You need a simple bag to hold trauma dressings , some sterile gauze, kling and a few airway supplies like a pocket mask and maybe oral or nasal airways. Stethoscope and BP cuff. A sam splint and tape will give stabilization for FX's or sprained ankles.

The bags I buy from Boundtree are around $45.00 and contents cost about $50.00 in total. All of our licensed EMT's carry one of these in their personal vehicle along with an AED. We are a rural area and often first respond to the call if it's closer than going to the ambulance.

Here is a link to the bags: https://www.boundtree.com/reeves-first-call-cab-bags-group-3321-91.aspx

We get a good % discount price as part of a regional EMS buying program, so the prices you see are retail

Edited by island emt

Guys what i meant to say was I dont want to buy a 200$ bag. I got a nice decent 30$ one at home. My friend has some cheapo plastic pouches hes going to give me (multicolored SCORE). I got the pouch thing covered. Im not putting a BVM in or anything like that. I am going to do a video review soon on YouTube. Im going to add maybe a cheap C-collar and there is a 5$ OB kit (always good to be prepared) on Amazon.

I used the combitube as an example. That is out of my scope of practice.The EMT that showed me the system said he put a Combitube in his airway pouch and I just popped that in (no idea why).

.The EMT that showed me the system said he put a Combitube in his airway pouch and I just popped that in (no idea why).

Good idea having that handy, you never know when you might stumble across a respiratory arrest at the same time as an EMT who forgot his bag in the other car and could put that in for you.

. Im going to add maybe a cheap C-collar and there is a 5$ OB kit (always good to be prepared) on Amazon.

A cheapo anything is junk. And exactly what will a 5$ amazon OB kit have that will do you any good, besides lighten your wallet?

Better to spend the 5 bucks on a couple condoms, then you won't need the OB kit. :-}

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.