Canadian Temperature Scale

Curiosity

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haha, I used to lived in Canada for 4 years after having grown up where 1 inch of snow is a state of emergency.

Girls would go out wearing t-shirts and sitting at the terrace/patio of restuarants at 40F! What got me even more was the fact that snow up to your knees didn't stop girls from wearing high heel boots. They would wear 4" heels while going up and down those wet metro stairs and walking through the snow/ice. I've seen tons of girls wearing strapless clubbing dresses to avoid coat check in below freezing temperatures.

• Like 1

Haha, I used to lived in Canada for 4 years after having grown up where 1 inch of snow is a state of emergency.

Girls would go out wearing t-shirts and sitting at the terrace/patio of restuarants at 40F! What got me even more was the fact that snow up to your knees didn't stop girls from wearing high heel boots. They would wear 4" heels while going up and down those wet metro stairs and walking through the snow/ice. I've seen tons of girls wearing strapless clubbing dresses to avoid coat check in below freezing temperatures.

And God bless them too! :P

• 4 weeks later...

I laughed when I read

0 degrees

People in Miami all die...
Canadians lick the flagpole.

I live in CA. Where I live particularly in CA, I joke that we find a nice warm corner to curl up into, and die, when it's below room temperature :P At least I know I would if it ever got that cold..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.