Hello everyone!

pmbowman

Welcome to the City. You have a lot of experience, that's good. We look forward to reading your posts!

Mike

I just read your book while waiting for a niece to have a baby. People at the hospital thought I was a crazy guy laughing alone.

It is really funny but is touching on a deeper level because I can relate to so many of the scenarios.

Great read.

• Like 1

I just read your book while waiting for a niece to have a baby. People at the hospital thought I was a crazy guy laughing alone.

It is really funny but is touching on a deeper level because I can relate to so many of the scenarios.

Great read.

Hey DFIB, Thank you. That’s exactly why I wrote it, to make my readers look like strange crazy people laughing. So you, Sir, obviously have a keen and exceptionally well-developed sense of humor!

I really appreciate you saying that it was touching on a deeper level and that you can relate. I obviously take massive comedic license with my memories and the other stories that I include that were told to me by partners and others, but there is an underlying comprehension, I guess, that not everyone who hasn’t been there, or been there long enough, gets. So, I appreciate your insight.

How is your Niece and her baby? That makes you the Great Uncle doesn’t it? Ouch! Isn’t the Great Uncle supposed to pay for the first two years of diapers and then half of the kid’s college education…up front! Like, NOW! Yea, I’m pretty sure that’s right.

If you could just tell 100,000 of your close personal friends how funny the book was, you would make my wife one very happy woman!

Thanks DFIB,

Mike

• Like 1

I made a friend of mine read the first story out loud in a restaurant last weekend. So here's 4 of us sitting at a table, drunk, laughing so hard we're crying and gagging. Can't imagine what the other 50 people in the restaurant were thinking...

And it's the third time I read the book and I still laugh my butt off.

• Like 1

Hey DFIB, Thank you. That’s exactly why I wrote it, to make my readers look like strange crazy people laughing. So you, Sir, obviously have a keen and exceptionally well-developed sense of humor!

I really appreciate you saying that it was touching on a deeper level and that you can relate. I obviously take massive comedic license with my memories and the other stories that I include that were told to me by partners and others, but there is an underlying comprehension, I guess, that not everyone who hasn’t been there, or been there long enough, gets. So, I appreciate your insight.

How is your Niece and her baby? That makes you the Great Uncle doesn’t it? Ouch! Isn’t the Great Uncle supposed to pay for the first two years of diapers and then half of the kid’s college education…up front! Like, NOW! Yea, I’m pretty sure that’s right.

If you could just tell 100,000 of your close personal friends how funny the book was, you would make my wife one very happy woman!

Thanks DFIB,

Mike

The family is fine and the baby is beautiful, well as beautiful as he can be. All babies look like aliens when they are born. It is crazy that they are bald wrinkled and toothless but precious none the less. He is the first great-nephew.

I have been promoted to near paragod status for my future telling skills. Two weeks ago a prognosticated the day and time of birth and only missed it by 2 minutes so I get to answer all the questions mom has. Thank goodness for the internet!

Dad is going back to work so I get to handle the PKU and initial vaccines, just the stuff I love to do.

I don't know about the 100,00 friends buying the book. All my friends are tightwad mooches that will try and borrow mine but I will give it a shot!

Thanks for getting me through labor and your interest in the fam.

Edited by DFIB

I made a friend of mine read the first story out loud in a restaurant last weekend. So here's 4 of us sitting at a table, drunk, laughing so hard we're crying and gagging. Can't imagine what the other 50 people in the restaurant were thinking...

And it's the third time I read the book and I still laugh my butt off.

What!!?? You should have made the other three all go out and buy the book so Mike could make more money. Now they'll just pass it around and read it for free...it's like book piracy!!! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.