Gun control, the constitution and you, let's keep it civil.

ERDoc

I will continue to point to handguns. Many people continue to believe "assault" type weapons are the problem, when in fact, handguns are used to kill many more people than any other type of gun in the United States. Additionally, when we start talking about other concepts such as suppressors, I have to ask, how often are suppressors used in violent crime and self defense, in spite of them being relatively easy to obtain in the United States? Additionally, suppressors actually have a function as they can cut down on noise and can potentially help prevent hearing loss. Some gun ranges in other countries mandate suppressor use to decrease noise signature.

The USA also has 132,183 schools at the elementary and secondary level alone by 2010 statistics. Once this is factored in the percentual incidents decreases dramatically.

low percentages really wouldn't make the families at Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech and Columbine any happier....

As I said before, gun control is NOT making all guns illegal, but rather contolling guns that REALLY DO NOT need to be in the hands of joe public.....

Edited by craig
  • Like 1

low percentages really wouldn't make the families at Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech and Columbine any happier....

As I said before, gun control is NOT making all guns illegal, but rather contolling guns that REALLY DO NOT need to be in the hands of joe public.....

And who deteremines what the average citizen needs? As Chase has continually pointed out handguns have been used in more crimes than so called assualt rifles, so are you going to take away all handguns to?

And who deteremines what the average citizen needs? As Chase has continually pointed out handguns have been used in more crimes than so called assualt rifles, so are you going to take away all handguns to?

Yes I agree hand guns are used more in crime as a whole. But I think what everyone is trying to say is in these cases the person or persons are using high powered assult rifles along with the amo. A hand gun can not hold 100 rounds of ammo or more. I also feel that it is GUN CONTROL not BANNING all guns that is needed.

As for other things like bomb making materials, if you dont have a farm you dont get high amounts of fertilizer. If you try to order it you get a visit from the men in black.

There is no way we are ever going to stop this but if one assult is taken away from a nut bar and it saves one person then that is a good start.

So Spenac I have a question for you, Who do you feel should deternmind what the average citizen needs? Do you think the average joe needs assult rifles and other things that will cause mass human carnage. Please dont take it as personal attack I just want to know what your opinion is.

Depends. There are many aftermarket companies that make several types of magazines for several types of guns. I know of some high capacity Glock magazines that hold over 30 rounds. I'd say do some work on Google. Better informed = less hyperbole.

Chbare, I've heard all of them for just about every piece of equipment that you could possible strap on to a firearm of any sort. Except for folding stocks, that is. I have yet to hear a practical use for folding stocks except for concealing a large capacity, high power weapon, and the only reason you need to that is if you plan on ambushing someone, which is only appropriate in a combat situation. There is no situation in the civilian realm that a normal, level headed person would need something like that.

You know what also cuts down on the noise made by firearms? Earplugs. They're cheaper and you can't screw them onto the end of a Ingram Model-10 and go tooling around the neighborhood.

You know, once upon a time, even before Greenpeace existed, people noticed that a lot species of game were getting wiped off the map by poaching and over-hunting. So hunters came together and helped create laws to protect wildlife and habitats so that they could enjoy their sport responsibly, and thus the conservation movement was born. I think its time that hunters, sports shooters, and others who want to own firearms come back to the same point. If you want to protect what you have, come up with your own plans to regulate, enforce, and keep the people who shouldn't be in your area of expertise out of it. You can either say "look, there's a difference between a break open shotgun and a military grade high capacity rifle" or you can say NO NO NO WE WANT IT ALL, and then one day you'll wake up and have lost it all.

You don't think amendments can be changed, enacted, or repealed? I assure you they can. Prohibition was enacted by constitutional amendment 18, and then repealed by amendment 21. 54% of the population is for gun control right this very minute, and unless this nonsense stops, its only going to get higher.

• Like 1

Chbare, I'm talking about you in particular. I don't know you very well. You're probably a level headed individual who can be trusted with a gun of any sort. I have no doubt about that. But the problem is that a lot of people who have access to firearms aren just like the people I described. Gun owners can't put their blinders on and say those people don't exist, and in significant numbers. They do. Trust me, they do.