Hi.

misslin

You may say that language is your biggest issue, but it also might be your greatest asset, most all of us have had patients who didn't speak a lick of english and I don't speak anything but (except some spanish swear words). Being multi lingual will greatly increase your popularity in the field. I once kidnapped a volunteer at a school because as we were wheeling the patient who didn't speak any english out, she casually said "Hello" to my patient in vietnamese. She was stuck in the ER as a translator for I don't know how long.

• Like 1

Welcome to the city.. Hang in there.

You may say that language is your biggest issue, but it also might be your greatest asset, most all of us have had patients who didn't speak a lick of english and I don't speak anything but (except some spanish swear words). Being multi lingual will greatly increase your popularity in the field. I once kidnapped a volunteer at a school because as we were wheeling the patient who didn't speak any english out, she casually said "Hello" to my patient in vietnamese. She was stuck in the ER as a translator for I don't know how long.

Thank you !

I decided spend all my life for EMT studying in the summer,this is why i'm taking the EMT-B class again,even i don't pass,I'll take again,agin and again.

But,i always feel like .. i really get stuck in language,some people "insult" me because i don't speak good English,it makes me very sad and frustrated,i doubt myself a lotttttt,i think about giving up more and more often,i said "sorry" all the time to my classmates,i'm not a good partner.. :(

I don't know how to keep moving,but I'll try my best.

Welcome.

Thank you !

Welcome to the City!

There is much to learn from the people here, as I'm sure we have to learn from you. Don't let your language stop you! Practice away!

Dwayne

OOOPs,i just deleted the reply ..

Thank you!

i actually have a lot of questions,but i'm afraid to ask .. i don't want to trouble anyone..but there's no other Chinese EMT students that i could discuss with ..

Welcome to the city.. Hang in there.

Thank you!

Welcome. Hang in there.

Thank you!

Edited by misslin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.