Lets get this party started! Post something here so we know you're alive!

spenac

A show of hands, please...

How many of us has ever walked in on a patient, no matter the call assignment, and found the patient, or even a family member, smoking a cigarette, cigar, or pipe, while sucking oxygen from mask or cannula?

Me, for one.

I've seen it plenty of times. It happens in the hospital too. I've seen people out in the snow in their hospital gowns, IV pole in hand who were smoking.

Richard seen it tons. Even had one patient who recieved facial burns from it and continued doing it on a daily basis (home oxygen use, cpap and NRB no cannula).

had an ole fella who looked like one of the ZZ top boys with the long beard. 4 pack/ day lifelong smoker and on O's 24/7.

Set himself & his car on fire after sparking up his lighter. Apparently the beard became saturated with oxygen and the flash took off like a jet engine. Luckily he didn't survive as his face was just toast.

You never forget THAT smell !

I really am Mike. It's been a long interesting ride and we've seen too many changes to remember them all.

It used to be enjoyable, but the past 12 years as manager/ administrator/ lead responders have really burned me out.

I still love to run calls and meet people, but the admin load is brutal. Between niosh, osha, dept of labor and the state ems office there are more hoops to jump through with compliance issues than you can shake a stick at.

Have been getting some really nice notes and letters from past patients and their families , since we announced our retirement.

Already planning a long vacation trip for next year. Going to pack up the camper and the dogs & head out, Might end up heading out to nevada to visit some friends we haven't seen in almost 25 years since we were stationed together in Australia.

Never know Kate: We might go through CO either going west or coming back..

We might time the trip to co-inside with dog shows around the country as we have Labs we work in breed , obedience, rally , agility and do hunt tests with them.