Lets get this party started! Post something here so we know you're alive!

spenac

Shamanwolf, what geographic area are you? Also, with that type name, are you "Native American", or "First Nations"? PM me if you don't want to tell the entire city, as the rest usually understand.

(PS: In our teens, I used to date a Dene Navajo, who, due to being adopted, didn't know her ancestry until she was in her mid 40s)

I'm in SC.

:)

Funny... hmmm... Highlight of the week!

Finally got insurance... went to the doc for some issues.. has my electronic chart in front of him with "a" lab report in front of him and says.."Well, I'm putting you on prenatal vitamins and folic acid because you're pregnant..."

I say, "Doc.....?? Really....?"

He turns beet red and apologizes and runs out of the room. It turns out he wasn't paying aytention to which room he went into, or at his pt (me) when he came in. It was the exam room directly across from mine....

Whew....!!

I can be kind of crazy, but that's pushing it...!

To do what we do, you don't have to be crazy, but it helps!

At least it wasn't like the surgeon who was supposed to amputate a gangrenous left leg, but mistakenly amputated the patient's right leg. On discovering the mistake, they kept the patient under anesthesia and amputated the correct leg.

The patient sued, but lost the case, as he didn't have a leg to stand on!

(FYI, my dad was a diabetic BK Amputee, and he liked that joke.)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay..getting assaulted by a drunk pt is no fun, BUT,after you're medically cleared, the next day, after everybody knows you're okay, is great cannon fodder for your coworkers to tease you..

Lesson: in scene safety, protect YOUR own airway...!

:)