Lets get this party started! Post something here so we know you're alive!

spenac

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, though; what's the difference between Molson and Piss? I doubt they could tell the difference.

My 3600th post. I had to make it worth it.

Edited by Chief1C

Seriously, though; what's the difference between Molson and Piss?

Piss actually serves a purpose...

Of course I freely admit to being biased about beer given my location...though in this case it's such a good bias... :beer:

Sigh....

Sitting down to my perfectly BBQ T-bone steak and dispatch calls. Hospital wants me to call and speak to the doc.

I call the doc, they have a diabetic patient there who overdosed on Insulin, so they're going to titrate a D5W infusion to maintain her BGL until the insulin wears off. She wants to add a couple of 25g amps to the litre of D5W to make it D10W. Problem is, they can't figure out how to add the D50W to the IV bag. I tell her I'll be right over and with one bite of my juicy T-bone savouring away in my mouth, I drive the 4 blocks to the hospital.

4 nurses and a doc greet me with a litre of D5W and a syringe of D50W that they can't figure how to inject into the bag. Our IV bags have the access port on the side of the bag, and the D50 have the clave adapters on them. Although this one was removed so they could use the needle to inject into the bag. The needle can't penetrate the port because of the protective shroud around it that would only fit in to access the ports on the bottoms of the bags.

Worried that my steak would get cold if I held an inservice for them, I firstly suggested a D10NS instead of a D10W, then grabbed another box of D50, assembled it, placed an 18ga needle onto a syringe to evacuate sufficient NS, removed the syringe and attached the D50W with the green leur lock, and injected it into the bag. Quite literally, they were stunned.

I then recommended the doc to start at 50ml/hr, check BGL q15 min and titrate to keep it between 4 and 8 Mmol/l If it goes down, increase by 10ml.hr, if it goes up, decrease by 10 ml/hr.

My steak is cold. :/

• Like 1