Lets get this party started! Post something here so we know you're alive!

spenac

Welcome to the city

we Nawthuners wanted to share some of the lovely air our Canuckistanian friends shipped off to us.

did you get snow yesterday??

Talked with a friend in Iberia La that had snow yesterday morning

pg 98 :-}

Edited by island emt

http://distractify.com/fun/bizarre/the-most-epic-text-pranks-of-all-time/

I laughed so hard at the first few, I was seeing floaters for two hours. Took me two days to finish the short page, b/c I would be laughing so hysterically, I'd actually hyperventilate. At one point, someone turned the monitor off, so I'd stop laughing, which took about five minutes.

The second one. . .about the artist. I'm an artist myself and that's pretty much what my reaction would be. So funny.

I would be effing pissed.

Well...

Our state got 2" of northern dandruff and came to a screeching halt..lol.. some of us still have to work...

BUT... I DID get to do the TCCC (Tactical Casualty Care Course) in Rock Hill Monday and Tuesday.. that was A LOT of fun and would highly recommend it. There's another one 21-22 February in Augusta, GA. Let me know if you're interested, I'll pass along the info..it's good for 16 NREMT hours..

The first one reminds me of the story of when my husbands parents went to Hawaii and left 4 teen age boys home alone. Needless to say the day of their parents arrival they thought they had everything covered after the block party that lasted for 10 days. They looked at the linoleum floor and noticed all the cigarette burn marks. The parents didn't smoke. They went an got their aunts nail polish bowl that had about 300 colors in it and painstakingly matched nail polish to floor. For some reason, maybe because everyone in town was at the party, no one tattled on them. The parents didn't know a thing until maybe 5 years ago. True story.

Huh I had a fun day the other day.

My mom had gotten her allergy shots and then started to have an anaphylactic reaction.

She drove to the clinic and got a shot of epi and some benadryl. Called my dad and he came, picked us up. I swear, between the benadryl and the tylenol they gave her my mom was passed out the rest of the night -_-"

:shifty::wave:

This is a true account recorded in the Police Log of Sarasota, Florida:An elderly Florida lady did her shopping and, upon returning to her car, found four males in the act of leaving with her vehicle. She dropped her shopping bags and drew her handgun, proceeding to scream at the top of her lungs, "I have a gun, and I know how to use it! GET OUT OF THE CAR!"...

The four men didn't wait for a second threat. They got out and ran like mad.

The lady, somewhat shaken, then proceeded to load her shopping bags into the back of the car and got into the driver's seat. She was so shaken that she could not get her key into the ignition. She tried and tried, and then she realized why. It was for the same reason she had wondered why there was a football, a Frisbee, and two 12-packs of beer in the front seat.

A few minutes later, she found her own car parked four or five spaces farther down. She loaded her bags into the car and drove to the police station to report her mistake. The sergeant to whom she told the story couldn't stop laughing. He pointed to the other end of the counter, where four pale men were reporting a car jacking by a mad, elderly woman described as white, less than five feet tall, glasses, curly white hair, and carrying a large handgun.

No charges were filed.

Moral of the story?

If you're going to have a senior moment...make it memorable!

:thumbsup:

AFTER FLIGHT 77 HIT THE PENTAGON ON 9/11 THE FOLLOWING HAPPENED:

A chaplain, who happened to be assigned to the Pentagon, told of an incident that happened right after Flight 77 hit the Pentagon on 9/11.

A daycare facility inside the Pentagon had many children, including infants who were in heavy cribs. The daycare supervisor, looking at all the children they needed to evacuate, was in a panic over what they could do.

There were many children, mostly toddlers, as well as the infants that would need to be taken out with the cribs. There was no time to try to bundle them into carriers and strollers.

Just then a young Marine came running into the center and asked what they needed. After hearing what the center director was trying to do, he ran back out into the hallway and disappeared. The director thought, "Well, here we are, on our own."

About 2 minutes later, that Marine returned with 40 other Marines in tow. Each of them grabbed a crib with a child, and the rest started gathering up toddlers.

The director and her staff then helped them take all the children out of the center and down toward the park near the Potomac.

Once they got about 3/4 of a mile outside the building, the Marines stopped in the park, and then did a fabulous thing - they formed a circle with the cribs, which were quite sturdy and heavy, like the covered wagons in the Old West.

Inside this circle of cribs, they put the toddlers, to keep them from wandering off. Outside this circle were the 40 Marines, forming a perimeter around the children and waiting for instructions. There they remained until the parents could be notified and come get their children.

The chaplain then said, "I don't think any of us saw nor heard of this on any of the news stories of the day. It was an incredible story of our men there.? There wasn't a dry eye in the room.

The thought of those Marines and what they did and how fast they reacted; could we expect any less from them? It was one of the most touching stories from the Pentagon.

It's the Military, not the politicians that ensures our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It's the Military who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag.

If you care to offer the smallest token of recognition and appreciation for the military, please pass this on and pray for our men and women, who have served and are currently serving our country, and pray for those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for freedom.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ In God We Trust