Lets get this party started! Post something here so we know you're alive!

spenac

Not knowing anything about the neighborhood, I'd just mention that most VFDs and VACs have been moving away from "air raid" sirens, whistles, and air horn blasts, in favor of pagers and other radio devices, one, because it disturbs the neighbors for miles around, and two, while not particularly enforced that I am aware of, the audio alerting systems are supposed to be tested, by US standards (per what I've been told) 4 times a day. Most agencies test, usually, at noon, which isn't all that bad, and again at midnight (Yes!). Most do the second daily test at 0600, 0900, 1500, 1600, or 1800 hours local time.

Then, there's always the story of the house watch fire fighter at a fire house, who's supposed to blast the siren at noon, but his watch stopped. He called up the telephone operator to get the time, but the operator tells him he can set his watch when the siren on the fire house gives the noon blast.

Hey! I started page 76.

• 2 weeks later...