advice

ems94

So my name is jordan I'm an EMR with my local fire department...I live in the great state of MS...I start my EMT-B classes in January. Any advice like encouragements and reassures you guys have would be great. I love to help people and I feel strongly this is what I want to do but at the same time I'm nervous as crap

• Like 1

Any advice like encouragements and reassures you guys have would be great.

OK, Then when you are ready for the non-encouraging hard to hear advice I can chime in!

Edited by mobey

The hardcore advice you need to hear before EMT is to relax. It's relatively simple, it can be really fun too...

If you're in poor physical shape, then start to work on that, your bending and lifting. Otherwise, look around you Brother....see all of the chuckleheads that are EMTs? If they can do it, you can too, right?

Good luck! I look forward to hearing your thoughts as you move forward on your new adventure!

Thanks dwayne. I believe I'll really enjoy it as I said before I'm an EMR for my local vfd and I love it. Its one of the best feelings in the world to someone. I.really hope to pursue further and become a medic and hopefully a flight medic.

Study hard, stay in school, don't do drugs, keep your nose clean. all that crap.

Get in a degree granting medic program

Don't freak too much out in emt class as there are thousands of EMT's out there who have done the same thing you are doing or have done. So in essence, there will be 36 or so other guys/gals like you in your emt class wanting the same thing. EMT is NOT Rocket science. Don't put to much pressure on yourself with the class.

Good luck and have some fun.