Volunteer Services on East Coast

threemilerun

Florida or Maine? We're not trying to be difficult. There are a few of us well connected with volunteer departments throughout the east coast and need you to be more specific for us to help you. Search state EMS websites for their various NR requirements. Montgomery County, MD has a plethora of ALS volunteer departments. You will be hard pressed to find a department that isn't looking for a >1 year commitment and at least 12 hours standby/ week.

• Like 1

Island EMT was correct. Many options out there. Southern Maine has MANY paid per diem operations that you could fit into.Many of these are running fairly often and with a large retirement population, the level of acuity can be pretty good. Where would you like to see your self? Eastport to Key West is a big piece of land.

Just a thought.....

you may not be able to just jump into a dept for a few weeks. In our volunteer dept for example, you need to be a member to run....otherwise you are not covered by our insurance while you're on the job..and to be a member, you have to be nominated, wait a month, then voted in. I'm not sure how other volley depts run tho.

Also, you would have to be up to date on your county's protocols , something that varies from region to region. Running w/ a dept for a few weeks doesn't really seem viable...imho of course :) but good luck!

Does it have to be East coast? I've got a couple contacts in services looking for PRN people that I might be able to pull some strings with to help you out.

Sent you a PM

Edited by Captain ToHellWithItAll

Just a thought.....

you may not be able to just jump into a dept for a few weeks. In our volunteer dept for example, you need to be a member to run....otherwise you are not covered by our insurance while you're on the job..and to be a member, you have to be nominated, wait a month, then voted in. I'm not sure how other volley depts run tho.

Also, you would have to be up to date on your county's protocols , something that varies from region to region. Running w/ a dept for a few weeks doesn't really seem viable...imho of course :) but good luck!

I was looking to do a year of ride along time...eg 1000 hours spread out over a year

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.