Emt class

Well, that would depend on which book you're using. You've yet to mention that.

Why not wait until class starts to see how your instructor(s) break down the class? I've never taken an EMS related class where the book was blindly followed from front cover to back.

Easy boys....he may look tasty and new, but let's not ruin him, shall we?

William, what Mobey and Mike are so eloquently trying to tell you is that we need more information from you to be able to understand what help you are seeking. Obviously you're about to undertake EMT training and you're nervous and excited. Your desire to be prepared is admirable, but we can't really help you much because EMT training differs from one school to the next. Even within the same institution different instructors will have different teaching styles. We'd love to help you, really, we would, but we need more information from you because we simply don't have enough information to answer your questions.

• What is the name of your text?
  • What state are you taking your training
  • What educational institution, This is optional because some don't want to identify such...especially if you return in a few weeks to tell us how horrible your school is and had forgotten that you'd identified it in a previous post. This could bite you in the ass.

Finally, unless you stumble across someone here who took the same training from the same instructor as you, you're unlikely to get a definitive answer. However, there are many here who could give you many tips and ideas for successful completion.

Here's my tip, throw out the dividers. EMS involves critical thinking and problem solving with the tools you have. It is very rarely structured and definitely does not flow like the chapters of a book. You need to be able to encompass everything in your environment, evaluate it, and determine what information you process is valuable and what is not.

Good Luck!!!

• Like 1

Easy boys....he may look tasty and new, but let's not ruin him, shall we?

William, what Mobey and Mike are so eloquently trying to tell you is that we need more information from you to be able to understand what help you are seeking. Obviously you're about to undertake EMT training and you're nervous and excited. Your desire to be prepared is admirable, but we can't really help you much because EMT training differs from one school to the next. Even within the same institution different instructors will have different teaching styles. We'd love to help you, really, we would, but we need more information from you because we simply don't have enough information to answer your questions.

• What is the name of your text?
  • What state are you taking your training
  • What educational institution, This is optional because some don't want to identify such...especially if you return in a few weeks to tell us how horrible your school is and had forgotten that you'd identified it in a previous post. This could bite you in the ass.

Finally, unless you stumble across someone here who took the same training from the same instructor as you, you're unlikely to get a definitive answer. However, there are many here who could give you many tips and ideas for successful completion.

Here's my tip, throw out the dividers. EMS involves critical thinking and problem solving with the tools you have. It is very rarely structured and definitely does not flow like the chapters of a book. You need to be able to encompass everything in your environment, evaluate it, and determine what information you process is valuable and what is not.

Good Luck!!!

the text we are using is brady prehospital care ninth edition

im training in the state of missouri

and its a technical college in rolla

plus im really starting this at a younger age... im only in my late teens so im still in high school and doing this at the same time just like i did last year with fire classes i was taking

Ahh another rookie from the great state of Missouri, My home state. He comes from a rural part of my state and I'm not surprised that they might just go from the front to back of the book, that are that backwards in that thar part of the state. ha ha

But seriously, William, the prep work you do now(except the reading), might not be worth a darn for your class that I am assuming will start up 2nd semester in January.

Good luck though.

This is a great place to learn.

Edited by Captain ToHellWithItAll

So you're four months into class and just now trying to figure out how to organize your class work? Why are you asking us the other sections of whatever it is you're looking for? You should have that information already.

Something doesn't seem quite right here. And it's not this posters alleged age...