Possibly not an axiom?

chbare

The comments we're leaving are attempts to alleviate that itch. Something about the results you got seemed weird to you, so maybe there's a good explanation. Or maybe not...but the more comments you get, the more angles you might find to it...

Agreed, I just don't want people adding more into my motives or assuming I am up to something other than looking at an isolated piece of data and saying "huh, that's interesting."

I think that it may be worth you to repeat the observations over several classes to see if what you first saw, holds true repeatedly.

That would be interesting but I'm not sure it would be possible. I'm not really involved with that class and I cannot dig for too much information as that could encroach on student privacy. I would actually like to see if any related literature exists however.

I believe the stand alone A&P classes reflect most institutes of higher learning "Perpetual student" attitude, where having the student taking multiple classes loosely related to the core curriculum makes for a more well rounded graduate, In college I took Pharm classes much more in depth than required by my program, and it helped foster a deeper understanding and appreciation of it. (Probably should have done the same with Cardiology and all those sciences, alas I was a broke college student)

For the goal of putting EMS providers on the street, the inter-graded classes are the quickest and most cost effective, but as an educator I would rather my students learn every subject much more in depth than I have the opportunity or time to teach. It's kind of a catch 22.

I do not disagree; however, I would like to see evidence that a well rounded curriculum creates a better provider. Unfortunately, the evidence that I have seen in other fields is quite mixed. Even "landmark" studies involving higher educated nurses have significant flaws. I think we are going to have to produce evidence and essentially force people to change, but the evidence needs to exist. We are transitioning to an A&P and English class requirement for most EMS levels at our institution with a push toward degree only paramedic classes. Perhaps I will be able to to some sort of cohort comparison or look at certain other indicators in past classes with newer classes. Of course, that will likely take years.