AK bids farewell....

akflightmedic

Being a member of the city for only a year, I have read quite a few of your posts and feel your contributions are both valuable and thought provoking... I think the value of opinions coming from a seasoned medic far outweigh the newest buzz in prehospital care..

It has been extremely comforting knowing that there was a community that I belong to where I could go to and receive some of those hidden gems of information that you can't find in a textbook. My ears have yet to hear much of the knowledge you have to pass on even if it is the odd post here and there.

Please take some time to yourself, take a break from the city, and regain that spark and passion that is still down there somewhere.

Goodbye for now.

• Like 1

Please take some time to yourself, take a break from the city, and regain that spark and passion that is still down there somewhere.

Chuckle, I read this and thought you were talking to Dwayne when he rotated back home. heh heh heh.

• Like 1

The only rotating Dwayne does is when the goat says "baaaaa baa!" which is goat for "its your turn to do reverse cowgirl up the ass now bitch!"

AK is a pretty badass straight up bloke if he says it's not for him to be here no more then I have no reason to doubt him in any way, he is not one to pander to internet emo bullshit so he wouldn't start it.

Speaking of rotating, excuse me, must nick off ...

Beacon, on

Strobes, on

Torque, 100%

Doors, closed

Morning Cleveland it's Medevac, helicopter mike echo, got some crook bloke who needs to be taken to the hospital, we're eh .... stupid VFR sectional is too small to read, lets play with some knobs here, oh yes, we're at about 10 DME on the 300 radial of um, eh, Pullman, we'd like IFR clearance to ... hang on, oi Emergentologist! where the bloody hell does this guy need to go? Chicago? righto, done, maybe if I fiddle with with this joystick here we'll get there, I told you I am not a rotary wing pilot!

Shit, first time I log on in weeks and I see this!

I will truly miss you buddy.

You have been one of the many that have made me the medic I am today, and I thank you for that.

As sad as it is to see one more of my "Cyber mentors" retire, I wish you the best, and am glad to see you leave in a positive light.

Take care of yourself

Mobey

• 4 weeks later...

AK,

Sad to see you leave. Believe it or not you were one of the bigger influences as an EMT since the very beginning. You were one of the ones in that core group whose advise I try took to heart and whose mindset about EMS I tried...strived...to adapt. Thanks for everything, directly and indirectly!

I feel weird now...a lot of the old guard has been moving on / retiring / disappearing...

• Like 1

I wish I would have gotten to know you better. I have read some of your posts and I feel that you may have a lot of wisdom to pass on to us "young bucks" yet. Sometimes the best teachers are those that have answered the same question a million times.

I have owned a business and it is extremely difficult. My business failed because I couldn't devote my full time and attention to it (what can I say my EMT was more important to me). That said, the best advice I can give you is don't let your business consume you. Be dedicated and work hard but remember to take time for yourself and your family and friends. A successful business is no good if you have no one to share it with. Likewise, a business can't become successful or grow if you are burned out. That will reflect negatively with your customers.

I wish you the utmost success.

AK In a changing world with multiple occupations I understand your post, I also think that you could drop in from time to time and visit without compromising anything. I will never forget your intuitive nature in busting posers, one in particular. I will always thank you for protecting us all from emotional exploitation and terrorism. If you choose to hold firm to going away, you will be missed.

"May the wind be always at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face ...."