Ok Urban EMT's, Make yourself KNOWN!!!!

:lol:

We are the largest EMS service in north America with operating 80-100 vehicles a day which includes BLS, ALS, CBRN, ETF, PSU, BIKES, ESU, ERU'S (BLS-ALS 18 at peak).

Steve Wilton

PCP/FTO

A-EMCA

TEMS

Someone (Steve) isn't reading the previous postings.

To say again, New York City, New York, with over 8 million residents, and another approximately 2 million transient folks during any given 24 hour period, has over 3,000 calls each 24 hour period, handled by something over 250 ambulances each 8 hour tour, at both the BLS and ALS levels, assisted by Certified First Responder-Defibrillator Fire Engine companies, controlled by the FDNY EMS Emergency Medical Dispatch office, under the 9-1-1 system.

Steve, despite my yelling at you here, I do really welcome you aboard!

Richard B, the EMT (with FDNY EMS 20 years, on an ambulance of some kind for 31 years overall.)

as i stated before our service handle about 6 million or more residents has over 450 ambulances on the road each 24hr period

there are approx half that in the greater metro area alone

stay safe

• 2 weeks later...

I think what Steve was trying to say is that Toronto EMS is one of the largest EMS services in North America. Richard, I'm not familiar with the entire NYC setup but Toronto EMS is the ONLY service (plus fire and police of course) that responds to the City of Toronto 911 EMS calls. My understanding of the majority of American systems is that there are multiple private/city/hospital services that respond to 911 calls depending on the area/nature/etc....this includes NYC. There are no other services private/hospital that are allowed to respond to 911 emergency calls in Toronto (well, there are exceptions but they only involve city paramedic services from surrounding areas and usually only in times of low car count, probably like < 1% of total yearly transports).

If I'm wrong I apologize.

http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/ems/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

North side of Houston, largest Emergency Services District in Texas. We should top around 23-24000 calls this year (maybe a few more courtesy of Rita and the clustered I-45 evacuation last week!!).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.