New Job Website for EMS

Arctickat

Hi guys, I've designed a website, currently for Canadian Practitioners only but the intent is to expand. The purpose of the website is to place people seeking work in touch with people seeking employees. What makes this site different is that is also accounts for casual positions, so, if you're a practitioner at any level, currently employed or not, looking for additional side income or full time work, post your info on the site.

This is a free service for practitioners and employers alike.

This site is new and in beta test phase, if you have any suggestions or find any bugs, please report them.

www.paramediconnect.com

Edited by Arctickat

Sounds like a great idea, hopefully it catches on. What would be helpful is an "About Us" type page with more information about how the site works, what info will be available for who to see, etc. There doesn't seem to be very much info available without dropping my name and email address into a registration form.

Thanks, I'll pass that along. As a side note, your personal info will not be distributed to anyone and is used solely for the website itself.

Edited by Arctickat

I'm a member now. I didn't see any companies that had any jobs open. Hopefully that will change.

What I did notice was that the descriptions of the company that you have listed are pretty narrow and it's difficult to read. I would suggest widening that text out a bit.

Other than that, I do hope it works out. Many have tried, few have succeeded. Wish you a lot of luck.

meh, it's not a money maker. At least not yet. As an operator I've learned that finding short term casual staff to cover occasional weekend shifts or short notice help is hard to locate, yet there are medics out there who already have full time work or are looking for work that are willing to pull the occasional weekend for a short staffed service. Job sites are a dime a dozen, but I've never located one that provided for short term work as well.

If you want to fly me out from Ontario for a weekend in Saskatchewan when you're short, I'll work for free if I get a tour around town as well! I'll sign up on your website so you've got my info just in case you want to take me up on that ;)

It looks like a decent setup you've got there! One thing I was curious about though is the line that says, "Join North America’s #1 EMT Community." Since it is meant to be Canadian, is there a reason you chose to use EMT instead of paramedic there? I know the EMT terminology is still used by a couple of provincies, but I just like to see us embracing the professional title of paramedic so I had to ask.

I plan on expanding it once you have your input and adjustments were made. Within the next couple of months. The intent was to always have it on a continental scale then expand internationally, but we determined that a beta test would be a good idea. Rather than risk hundreds of people and companies signing up then getting pissed off because it didn't work right we decided to open to the Canadian market first for the beta, then expand.

Eventually there will be enhancements to the site that will cost money, such as highlighting a posting and such, but what you are already seeing should remain free.

So how will you support the website? I'm sure this will become a money pit if it starts to get big, do you have the funds to continue it once the site gets really big.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.