Gonna be away for a couple of weeks

• 6 months ago we moved my dad into a level 4 long term care facility.
  • 2 weeks ago he was assessed for indications of depression
  • Last week the results came back from the evaluation, early onset mixed dementia and a UTI, he was started on a course of Cipro
  • Couple of days N/V and O2 Therapy my mom decides that yesterday evening she's gonna spend the night with dad and sleep in the lounger in his room.
  • Being very restless around midnite my dad looks at my mom and says, "I'm Scared". My mother gently asks, "Of what?" "What will happen tomorrow if I don't wake up?" My mom said "Don't worry, either way everything's gonna be alright." and he drifts off to sleep.

How the hell did he know?

Vernon Lowey, EMT

Jan 28, 1932 - Oct. 21, 2012

Forever My Hero

• Like 1

• 6 months ago we moved my dad into a level 4 long term care facility.
  • 2 weeks ago he was assessed for indications of depression
  • Last week the results came back from the evaluation, early onset mixed dementia and a UTI, he was started on a course of Cipro
  • Couple of days N/V and O2 Therapy my mom decides that yesterday evening she's gonna spend the night with dad and sleep in the lounger in his room.
  • Being very restless around midnite my dad looks at my mom and says, "I'm Scared". My mother gently asks, "Of what?" "What will happen tomorrow if I don't wake up?" My mom said "Don't worry, either way everything's gonna be alright." and he drifts off to sleep.

How the hell did he know?

Vernon Lowey, EMT

Jan 28, 1932 - Oct. 21, 2012

Forever My Hero

I have often wondered about that, How do people know?

I like to believe that God gives them the chance to crystallize things that are really important, such as spending those last moments with people they love. A little measure of grace, a chance for loved ones to participate in their departure, to just be there.

Prayers and condolences to you and your family. May you find peace and comfort in your time of loss.

May your Dad rest in peace, prayers for you and your family.

Thanks for the condolences folks, much appreciated.

Join us as we celebrate the life of Vernon Lowey, founder and patriarch of Kelvington Ambulance Care Ltd. Mobile Health Services on Friday Oct. 26, 1400 hrs at the Kelvington Community Centre. In lieu of flowers donations can be sent to the:

http://www.heartandstroke.sk.ca/site/c.inKMILNlEmG/b.3657319/k.F889/Heart_Disease_Stroke_and_Healthy_Living.htm Heart and Stroke Foundation

or

http://www.sk.lung.ca/ The Lung Association of Saskatchewan

Condolences can be offered through the online memorial established by Blair's Funeral Home. http://www.blairsfuneralhome.com/book-of-memories/1380025/Lowey-Vernon/index.php

I know, you can't make it in body, but in spirit counts too.

Edited by Arctickat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.