Long Transport Times?

My dept. has it's choice of three hospitals, all the same drive time....20 - 30 mins code 2/chillin' but not dawdling, depending on road/weather/traffic, but we also have a medevac option...sometimes.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys... I work in a rural area and transport time can be anywhere between 5 minutes to 25 minutes. Depending on which area of the county we're called to. We also have the Lifeflight chopper but it flies whenever they feel like it. A little cloud in the sky and no flying. Makes for a lot more patient contact though.

:lol: Out in rural Alaska. Response time is about 4 hours to get your patient on a medivac, if you are lucky to have good weather and a lit runway. If not, you could be stuck with a patient for days. Called the golden week out here. :shock: :arrow:

Where I work our transports take us anywhere from 25 to 60 min. depending on where we've responded from, where the patient is and what hospital we are going to. Most of our calls end up being about 2 hours a call, including response time, scene time and transport. You get to know your patient real well by the time you are done.

It peeves me when I am listening to the scanner and I hear an MVA that occured on or near the county line and it takes the dispatchers 10-15 mins to figure out which unit to call out to the scene. Alot of times now if its on or near the county line, both crews show up, and they decide from there. The confusion here only adds to the on-scene response time as well as transport time.

-Dixie

It peeves me when I am listening to the scanner and I hear an MVA that occured on or near the county line and it takes the dispatchers 10-15 mins to figure out which unit to call out to the scene. Alot of times now if its on or near the county line, both crews show up, and they decide from there. The confusion here only adds to the on-scene response time as well as transport time.

-Dixie

Here it is closest unit takes it regardless of geographical borders.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.