Death or close to it.

Cookie

I got within a hares breath of putting an expiration date on my birth certificate. I had a cold for about ten days, and thought I was about over it. Breathing ok, minimul cough, no fever etc. Felt on top of the world on Sunday. Did grocery shopping, help move equipment from one farm to another. No problem. During the night in the wee hours of Monday morning, I was chilled to the bone. Tried to round up enough blankets to warm me up. Woke hubby up finally he got me to the bathroom, and got me something for the fever. He went to work later, I slept most of the day. By about 7 pm. I called him and told him I was struggling to breathe, and I was. He rushed home and took me to the hospital. I had pneumonia. Blood work showed my white cell count at 36,000. You could hear me breathing all over the ER. The high dose antibotic Levaquin has done a pretty awesome job and by Wed. the blood count was 21,000 and today 11,000. The Dr. told me today that if I had not been in the good state of health I was in, I would not be here. This pneumonia kills people and I got very close. So I got to come home today, making a pretty good recovery. With a shot for the pneumonia, one for flu, an inhaler, more antibotics, pain meds and told to sit back and recover. After all that breathing treatments, mucinex, and anywhere from 12 to 15 bags of normal saline to rehydrate me over the course of the week, the only complaint I have is them dam shots in the stomach for blood clots. Those suckers burn like crazy.

Glad to hear you are still on this side of the grass. Hope you are back to your regular self in no time!!