New Partner.

eCamp91

My $0.02...

If the paramedic doesn't want to do 12 leads on people who are less than 3 minutes away from a hospital, well, that's on him. Maybe he has a reason for it. Maybe that center is a PCI center. I don't know your system and I don't know him. But that's his decision. There is no excuse for belittling others in front of family members. You should address that directly with him. Many times people don't even realize they are being belittling and will apologize and change their ways.

I get the sense though, that you, much like other people who are a lower level provider assigned to work with a paramedic, just doesn't like to take orders. You don't like people telling you what to do. That's fine. It's an understandable sentiment. Unfortunately, the paramedic is in charge, it is his unit, and you are the new guy. Your opinion should be valued and considered, but it doesn't mean that because you disagree, you're right.

You had to fight to get this spot. Well, just because you won doesn't mean it should be ideal for you. Make the best of it, and if serious issues come up, address them then and there.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.