Baby Paramedic

Trishyv

You guys are scaring me!!!! I was born in 50s

As a resident OLD GUY: I will state that there are definitely lots of folks more educated than I am, lots of young Medics that are smarter than I am.

But there are few that have been beating the streets as long. Most of the things they have read about,we old guys had to figure out on the fly.

When I was at a medium sized service, they would give me all the new baby medics to teach them the street smarts to help them survive on the job. A lot of these kids were the children or grandchildren of my peers and some weren't even thought of until I had been in EMS for twenty years.

I actually worked with three generations of one family. Mom was one of my mentors back in the early 70's, her son was my age and his son::: well let's just say he's a twenty something with a degree and lots of book learning , & no common sense. Took a lot of work to get him on board in thinking outside the box .

I guess it's a good thing the kids of today are smart, because they'll be taking care of me soon as I drool and soil myself. :shifty:

A very warm welcome Trish!

As a resident OLD GUY: I will state that there are definitely lots of folks more educated than I am, lots of young Medics that are smarter than I am.

But there are few that have been beating the streets as long. Most of the things they have read about,we old guys had to figure out on the fly.

When I was at a medium sized service, they would give me all the new baby medics to teach them the street smarts to help them survive on the job. A lot of these kids were the children or grandchildren of my peers and some weren't even thought of until I had been in EMS for twenty years.

I actually worked with three generations of one family. Mom was one of my mentors back in the early 70's, her son was my age and his son::: well let's just say he's a twenty something with a degree and lots of book learning , & no common sense. Took a lot of work to get him on board in thinking outside the box .

I guess it's a good thing the kids of today are smart, because they'll be taking care of me soon as I drool and soil myself. :shifty:

I second that soon to be drooling and soiling myself! Be gentle with us kids.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.