Dinosaur just waiting for the asteroid

Hey Dwayne,

Whoa now...my morals and values are just as corrupt and debauched as any man half my age, that's right...don't ask what I mean....cause I'm not really sure myself!

I've learned to step lightly with the whole book thing. I got the boot on a nurses site just after I first published it. I didn't care, because I didn't want to be there in the first place. The obvious difference is, I want to be here, I like being here. It's nice to be back around people who "get it." I was reading this site for quite a while before joining. I like the reciprocal help and support that I see here. And the occasional slap-downs are most entertaining.

Something I was hesitant to do, because I thought it would put me in the dog house, (and you're a good person to ask being a moderator) If I'm interacting with a fellow EMT or Medic, and they express interest in it, I'll usually just offer them a free copy, especially volunteers or students, or if I know they have...oh, what are they called...incredibly expensive little minature things that run around and poop and break things and eat and grow...what is it, OH yea, Kids.

The book certainly isn't making me millions, (if it was, sorry, but I wouldn't be here. I'd be skydiving over some place warm with a drink in my hand) but it's paid my rent for the last three months!! (picture a Linebacker doing an endzone dance)

I'll say it again, if there's any EMS writers here, let's talk. I've learned a lot about the book business in the last two years and it can be daunting. Makes running a code seem like childsplay. Anyway, enough of that.

To 1C, "Look, my ass glows" That made me laugh so hard last night...look, my ass glows! Cracks me up.

emtdennis, paramedicmike,ruralKSEMS and DwayneEMTP...thank you for the greetings! LOOK, MY ASS GLOWS!!

• Like 1

Damn!!!! I am looking forward to hearing from you here in the City.. I will Check out the book. Welcome!

Edit) Any chance of a hardcopy edition? Don't have a Kindle yet!

To emtdennis, sorry for the delay in answering your question. You don't need a kindle, they have free apps so you can read it right on your PC. Just look for "free reading apps."

Yeah, there are also Apps for the Android, iCrap, and windoze phones.

Ha, iCrap, that's good. Surprised I haven't heard that one before. I gotta get out more.

I just got your book. I'm not a quarter way through the first story and I'm in tears!! You have an amazing way with words. It's fantastic! I'm still not done the first story and I'm emailing friends the link :)

Edit: I can't read through all these tears!

Edited by Curiosity
  • Like 1

Curiosity, Tears are a good thing! I'm glad you like it. At least it didn't make you incontinent like some other readers....I don't really know if that's a good thing or a.....I don't know.

Thanks for spreading the word.

The first story, hilarious, the story "Have you driven an ambulance before?" ("He should be stopping..is he going to stop?....why isn't he stopping?" Oh my God...funny), and a couple others are friggin' epic. I would have paid more than the cost of the book for those two alone.

There are some here that will have some issues with some of the stories, and I didn't like all of the stories, nor did I expect to in a book of anectdotes. But what truly caught me off guard, and I swear that this is true, was that there were some stories that made me laugh so hard that I couldn't catch my breath...

Glad I spent the money...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.