Dispatched to 555 Chest Pain Dr.

DFIB

You look at your watch and it is 23:50 hrs. You just finished stocking your ambulance when tones drop. You are dispatched to a “possible heart attack” at 555 Chest pain drive.

You arrive at a small frame house sitting on a double lot. Other than the hedges needing to be trimmed the yard is neat and recently mowed. There is an American flag hanging from the eve of the house on a short flagpole and a truck with a lift in the driveway. The truck has a “Semper Fi” sticker in the window and a “You voted for Obama? Thanks a lot A** Ho*e bumper sticker. There is a handicapped indicator hanging from the rear view mirror as well as on the license plate.

Lots of red flags here in that paragraph!

From your description of the scene, you have just been dispatched to the redneck riviera

I'm surprised there's not a stars & bars flag flying also.

When the wife answers the door, What is her demeanor?

Is she sober and clear headed , just worried about her man?

Did she look you straight in the eyes when telling you her story?

Weapons out in the open including a HUGE handgun and an assault rifle leaning against the wall would have stopped me right there. the reading material is another big red flag.

Time to go back out to the truck and wait for the police to make contact.

Stay behind your tuck out of sight of the home.

Once the law shows up , clue them in to what you observed from the door and let them call you in when scene is secure.

Once entry is made run your chest pain protocol:

I'll stop here and let others play for a bit

That was sarcasm. :) Although, I actually would continue to enter being hyper vigilant of the scene. Then again, I don't deal with a lot of military vets with PTSD around here either. I've been in scenes before that had guns involved...only been shot at once.:)

Lots of red flags here in that paragraph!

From your description of the scene, you have just been dispatched to the redneck riviera

I'm surprised there's not a stars & bars flag flying also.

When the wife answers the door, What is her demeanor?

Is she sober and clear headed , just worried about her man?

Did she look you straight in the eyes when telling you her story?

Weapons out in the open including a HUGE handgun and an assault rifle leaning against the wall would have stopped me right there. the reading material is another big red flag.

Time to go back out to the truck and wait for the police to make contact.

Stay behind your tuck out of sight of the home.

Once the law shows up , clue them in to what you observed from the door and let them call you in when scene is secure.

Once entry is made run your chest pain protocol:

I'll stop here and let others play for a bit

I had to chuckle at the redneck riviera. That is funny.

The wife seems genuinely worried and does not seem to be intoxicated. She was clear and direct although she turned quickly as to lead us through the house.

OK...so it sounds like we are not going to wait for the police....

I would proceed with extreme caution and make sure my partner was in front of me.

Are we at the point that I can ask what does the patient look like? Or are we fixing to be hauling A** back out the way we came? :P

We can wait for the police. Is that what we want to do?

I love that you send your partner out front. No dumb girls raised down south.

Edited by DFIB