Rob Davis "Dustdevil" 2012 CAP LAB Scholarship

akflightmedic

I would love to participate but I am so AWESOME it would be a shoe in!

All joking aside, the scheduling is bad for me. So at least as far as I am concerned I am in no way blowing off the offer. I just would hate to compete and not be able to fulfill the commitment.

I would most definitely be competing if I thought I had a chance. I never met Dust Devil but can tell that he was dearly loved and respected by many here. The love that this scholarship is offered with is not lost.

I encourage anyone that could work it into their schedule to jump on this opportunity. So, everybody start writing about how AWESOME you are and submit.

Is the CAP lab of any worth to a prospective EMS student? Or is it better suited for current providers?

Great question. Though I'm not sure if they'll allow non current providers to play, I would think that it would be an awesome opportunity for future providers. Not only from an educational and pt exposure point of view, but the people that teach it set an example that all should follow throughout EMS.

I saw some folks that were too timid to step up in front of the group and speak, but that was their self imposed peer pressure. I didn't see a single instance of anyone, peer or instructor, that gave anyone reason to be uncomfortable. Should you choose to go I have zero doubt that you would be welcome by all, taken seriously as a student at your current level of study, and be really, really glad that you went.

Write your paper Brother! As ak said, there is, unfortunately, very little participation. I'd love to hear the thoughts of an attendee that's not yet worked in the field...

• Like 1

Great question. Though I'm not sure if they'll allow non current providers to play, I would think that it would be an awesome opportunity for future providers. Not only from an educational and pt exposure point of view, but the people that teach it set an example that all should follow throughout EMS.

I saw some folks that were too timid to step up in front of the group and speak, but that was their self imposed peer pressure. I didn't see a single instance of anyone, peer or instructor, that gave anyone reason to be uncomfortable. Should you choose to go I have zero doubt that you would be welcome by all, taken seriously as a student at your current level of study, and be really, really glad that you went.

Write your paper Brother! As ak said, there is, unfortunately, very little participation. I'd love to hear the thoughts of an attendee that's not yet worked in the field...

Well, shoot. I won't be able to attend after all. Recently started a new job and they don't give any time off until 6 months. Yeah, that's right. 6 freaking full months of working there for an extra day off. :thumbsdown:

Considering this job is what's going to enable me to take an EMT course, I value this job over the lab. I'll have to take it the next time it's offered. Sorry Dwayne, maybe I can give you an opinion on it next year.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello--I wish to announce the WINNERS of this year's scholarship.

I received several excellent entries but due to the success of the CAP Lab, I am only able to send TWO individuals. I did attempt to send 4 but that plan did not succeed.

Regardless....

Kate and Anthony were the winners.

They both have received FREE airfare to Ohio, FREE hotel rooms and FREE admission to the CAP Lab.

Congratulations you two and thank you for participating.

• Like 1

The both of you had better learn something dammit.

And Anthony, if you win the airway gauntlet a 2nd time in a row, you better give me those shears you won last time since I provided your hotel room and all that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.