New EMT student

Hi Jordan,

Welcome to the boards.

Keep your mind open and expect to learn a lot. EMT= A whole new world and it will become what you make it.

Take some notes, study and most of all practice, practice, practice.

EMT is a hands on experience!

Questions, feel free to ask here. List the "city" as one of your favorites in your browser. There is a lot to learn here.

BTW, what part of the world are you from?

I took my EMT class recently and graduated this past May. I took my class through AMR. I will tell you while every class teaches the same content, some are better than others. In my area the AMR class is the best class.

The reason I say this is because colleges must operate on the school schedule. You will barely get 3 months of class time whereas a non-college location could give you longer (mine was 5 months) class time. You will also have to contend with other students and other programs possibly competing for space. That said it should be a fun class.

EMT school is very fun and I enjoyed it a lot. It is a lot of studying and is very fast paced. Expect to cover 1 or 2 chapters every night. You will be constantly tested as well: quizzes every night, tests periodically, evaluations on your practicals, etc. You will enter the class being strangers, you will leave the class as a tightknit group.

Don't be afraid to screw up or make mistakes. This IS the time and place to screw up.

You will be stressed, you will be confused but you will have lots of fun. Enjoy it, pay attention and learn. Don't get so overwhelmed that you don't relax. EMT class can be very fun as long as you remember to laugh.

Welcome, feel free to join in any of the discussions which interest you, or create one of your own.

Pay attention to A&P and Pathophysiology in class. It'll be helpful if you move on to Paramedic training.

Edited by Arctickat