This video breaks my heart

DFIB

This is probably one of the absolute saddest and most infuriating video I have seen. Holy crap It is hard to believe that humans that are sworn to uphold the law could act in such a dastardly manner. It is certanly not an example of the LE that I know in Texas or LE in the third world country I have worked either for that matter. In this day and age, human beings should have more value.

This is a video of alleged police brutality. It is heart wrenching for me to even watch.

I would like to be able to see the medics testimony in the trial.

Edited by DFIB

Yeah, what a bunch of fucking cowards. And you know what makes me even the maddest, though maybe it shouldn't, is that the cop just wouldn't stop until he caused the fight and then he blamed it on Kelly Thomas. What a fucking coward.

At one point there are several cops on him and one hits him over and over and over in the head and face with his maglight....Craziness.

In my previous life as an animal trainer I was helping to train some dogs for the LAPD. During one of the training sessions I was told, and I swear that this is true, "No one will tell you this, but every cops goal is to kill someone before they retire. That's why people get shot 40 times, we just want to fucking kill someone to get even for all of the shit that they put us through..." (the words of the cops I was training for, not testimony on my part)

It would appear, from videos like this, that that sentiment is true for some, I'd say to many, cops.

Horrible video for all of the many things that it illuminates...Kelly had been diagnosed with schitzophrenia.

Edit: a timeline for the whole issue. http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Timeline-The-Kelly-Thomas-Case-in-Fullerton-126851443.html

good god!

MEdics testimony will be interesting, doesn't seem to be a whole lot of airway support going on there, but the image is not good

Thanks for the timeline. That entire process reeks of a culture of corruption and cover up. The city, the department, and the DA were just going to let these guys walk away. Good on the people of Fullerton for demanding accountability. Being that his dad was a retired Sheriff he should know exactly what he is up against.

You are right, these mes are cowards and sadistic bullies that went to far. I he should have been charged with murder in the first degree.

Ramos threatened Tomas, Told him what he was going to do, and then proceeded to do it. I think the most incriminating part is when Ramos puts on his latex gloves and says "see these hands, they are getting ready to f@ck you up" and the admission that he took his tazer butt "and beat his face to hell" Yea, he knew exactly what he was doing. I wonder if it was his first or if they made a habit of rolling the homeless?

The idea that a uniformed policeman can threaten, bully and assault a citizen and then beat you to death when you try to defend yourselves is pretty scary.

The other side of the story is sad situation the mentally ill that live on our streets. These accused murderers thought Thomas was just another homeless guy they could use ot boost their sick self esteems by beating . It turns out that as with many people that have been hurt by mental illness Tomas has a familiy that loves him and will sure as heck come to their defense out of love.

I do hope the accused get all the justice they deserve and more. Maybe in prison they will understand what it is to be on the other side of the coin. In prison they can learn what it is like to be the little guy.

Edited by DFIB

Just think, the officers account would have been accepted if the watcher in the sky had not been there. The real hero behind bringing this abuse to light was the cameraman who taped this entire scenario and brought it to light.

If that video had not been taken then the officers would have gotten off with their version.

Plus the medics testimony on this means nothing because if I am watching this right, the medic on scene was NOT a patient advocate. He did nothing to help this person either. Or did I mis-view the video on his participation. IT appeared to me that he was on scene but there was no patient care other than him putting the patient on the board. The medic should have been way more aggressive. But in partial defense of the medic, he was part of a group that just killed a man so he had to play the role.

But in partial defense of the medic, he was part of a group that just killed a man so he had to play the role.

Generally i gree with that statement, but the 2 comments about thomas being cyanotic didn't exactly prompt a flurry of action from the ambo's

I might be reading the tape wrong but it seems to me that the medic had students riding with him because he tells them to "get their glasses on". Who else and to whom else could he have been saying this?

Just think, the officers account would have been accepted if the watcher in the sky had not been there. The real hero behind bringing this abuse to light was the cameraman who taped this entire scenario and brought it to light.

If that video had not been taken then the officers would have gotten off with their version.

There is no way of knowing how many times they had already done this without getting caught. The fat latin guy seemed very comfortable with what he was doing, like he had practice. Putting on the Latex gloves, standing close as he increased his cussing, standing directly over Tomas when he threatened him and perpetrated the first assault. His partner was right there to start the beating as well. I would bet good money that these guys were not amateur beaters but masters of their art. Obviously this could possibly never be investigated or proved but these things never happen in a vacuum. That level of violence is rarely or never isolated.

Plus the medics testimony on this means nothing because if I am watching this right, the medic on scene was NOT a patient advocate. He did nothing to help this person either. Or did I mis-view the video on his participation. IT appeared to me that he was on scene but there was no patient care other than him putting the patient on the board. The medic should have been way more aggressive. But in partial defense of the medic, he was part of a group that just killed a man so he had to play the role.

Wasn't the medic even laughing with the policeman over who was going to take Tomas?

I do think the EMS team was not "johnny on the spot" with the airway management. The police had crushed his trachea and caused bleeding that obviously needed to be suctioned. Then they "helped him even more with that "spit bag" on his head. I did not hear anything about the measures to manage these conditions.

• Like 1

That level of brutality is hard to stomach. I had to stop watching it when the guy started crying for his daddy. It was painfully obvious that this guy was no threat to the officers, and that he was intentionally provoked so the cops could have a little "fun" with him.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.