Why does this not surprise me. Only in NJ (I hope)

JakeEMTP

I had no idea Mike. How naive of me. I have never seen or even heard of it around here. Sounds like a "good 'ol boys" club to me. What happens if they have another call and they've been drinking, and they happen to get in a wreck? I know, I know. We could "what if" it to death, yet the reality still exists. I would hate to think the "just put Floyd in the car and get him out of here" scenario would take place, but I'm sure it would.

Ask ArcticKat to tell the story about his local fire chief.

Dwayne, I've worked with "professional firefighters" in multiple states. While I can't say that drinking on the job is a common occurrence, it occurs with much more frequency than I ever thought. Not all places are bad. Some are worse than others. But it's pretty scary.

ETA: Volly houses are worse from what I've seen. It's not uncommon to keep alcohol in house if there is a banquet hall on site as well. It's all part of their fund raising efforts.

Edited by paramedicmike
  • Like 1

This is crazy to the 10 The city counsil was "concerned about the possibility of underage drinking". What about endangering the public by operating heavy equipment after drinking. Absolutely crazy.

​EDIT; Without being a FF it is embarrassing.

Edited by DFIB

We don't allow etoh in the building, on the grounds or response with in 10hrs of when you stop drinking. The only beer we serve are the birch and root varieties, and people are pretty picky over which brands they drink I must say. I'm a PA Dutch guy myself... I guess I don't worry for everyone else, nor do I concern myself with their views. Therefore, I don't feel shamed, embarrassed, et al; for the fire service as a whole.

• Like 1

Within reason, i dont actually have too much of a problem with it

Now, im off to find my tin ht and dig a slit trench... incoming!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.